Thursday, December 13, 2007

took a little break ...

from the blogging world. SOOOO much going on these days and not enough time to do everything. I've decided some things are more important than others, and that means my blogging took a back seat for a bit.

Here are some pictures from the past couple of weeks that you might enjoy. Tbird is eating lots of new table foods, but his very favorite is spaghetti. After which we throw him directly into the bathtub!



Our big news is that our sweet baby boy turned ONE on Dec. 5. It was a quiet Wed., without much fuss. I woke T up singing happy birthday and we snuggled in our favorite rocking chair for a bit.


It has been bittersweet remembering that a year ago we were rushing off to the hospital getting ready to welcome him into the word. Trevor helps me get T ready in the mornings, so while I was getting my shower and dressing for work, I could hear Trev singing him happy birthday. Such a sweet sound! He loves his little boy and Tristen dearly loves his daddy. He lights up when Trev walks into the room. They are good buddies. I pray that they will always have a wonderful relationship and that they will remain close.


On Sunday we had at least 30 people crammed into our house to celebrate Tman's birthday with us. Our family and closest friends helped us put on a great time for the little guy and boy did he make out like a bandit in the present department! Every noisy toy imaginable was at his fingertips. For now, I think the xylephone/piano that Em gave him is his current favorite. He also likes the farm magnets that go on the fridge that Jen and her family bought him. Everyone was so generous and sweet. Leigh Ann made an AWESOME hat and mittens for him that I can't wait to try out. Bring on the bad weather!! We love all of you and thank you for making Tristen's first birthday such a great time.

He had his 12 mth. doctor's appt. this past Wed. and weighed in at a whopping 18 lbs. He's not a big kid at all, but he is long. He is consistently scoring higher in the length department than anywhere else! They had to do some standard bloodwork on him and he was NOT happy. I felt so bad that after his regular check-up and shots, I then had to take him for more poking and prodding. It was just the saddest thing. I will admit, I cried a bit when he got his shots and they took blood. Everything else looks great. He's a healthy and growing little boy.

He is learning to move around on his feet and we think he'll be walking in no time. He can stand on his own and dearly loves to climb the steps upstairs. His latest accomplishment is climbing up the ladder on Grant's new bunk bed. He's only made it to the second step ...

He has at least 8 teeth, from what I can see, and his molars are currently coming in. He has his bad days with the teething, but they are few and far between. For the most part, he's a real trooper! When he's feeling lousy we give him some Motrin and that always does the trick.


He is learning to say or at least attempt to say some words - good, mama, dada, daddy, and Jen swears he has conversations with her when they have their special quiet times.

Tristen and Grant have good days and bad days. Jennifer and I know they'll be friends one day, but for now they seem to tolerate each other. Poor little Ben is on the verge of getting thrown into the mix. He is desperate to be in the middle of whatever the bigger boys are doing. Tonight I was at Jen's and Grant called down the hall to Tristen "Hey Tbird" using our special nickname for Tristen. For all these months he has called him "Ten" and all of a sudden, clear as a bell, he called him Tbird! Grant is growing up so fast - I am suddenly aware that Tristen isn't far behind him!

Trains and Elmo seem to hold Tristen's fascination these days. And little people anything .... he also loves mega blocks and an old make-up brush I gave him to play with. He enjoys playing in the boxes of band aids as well - nice mess to clean up afterward. :)

He is on the verge of giving up the bottle and he's now drinking whole milk. No more formula ... WOO HOO!! He'll typically drink one bottle per day and use the sippy cup the rest of the time. Night time is usually bottle time, although even then he only drinks a little bit. It is about time to give it up, but honestly bedtime is the only time he snuggles with me anymore. This growing up thing is really making me sentimental!

Another thing our little man has started doing is giving away kisses. Jen gets them, daddy gets them and he loves giving them to my niece Tara. Tara gets LOTS of kisses! Usually when I pick hmi up from Jen's house he'll crawl over with a big grin on his face and give me a peck on the mouth. I melt every time he does that.




Finally, this picture is of Tristen exactly one year ago today - pardon me while I cry! Look at the difference a year makes. We have been thoroughly blessed beyond measure by this little person. God knew what he was doing when he surprised us with the news we were pregnant. Neither me or Trev can imagine life without Tristen - we love him so much. We certainly look forward to his many achievements and celebrate at each goal he reaches, but we sure wish he'd stay small just a little while longer!



Well, that's about it for now. We wish you all a wonderful CHRISTmas and blessed New Year. I will do my best to post something before Christmas, as we're hoping to get another family picture to send to everyone.

Love,

T, H & T





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a cute boy :) i'm jealous of all that hair!
happy birthday to your sweet sweet baby!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. He's so cute. Hard to believe it has already been a year!