Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Organize before you create!

I've been trying to organize my scrap spot since we moved into our new house. It seemed to be the place where all our extra boxes full of "stuff" were stacked, so 2 months later I'm finally seeing some progress! I'm so excited about this space because it is impossible for me to think or create in the midst of chaos. I have an ongoing project - a gift album for someone special- that I haven't been able to finish because everything was such a mess. Now I feel ready to pick it back up and finish what I started! Here are a few pictures of my room - hopefully I've done this right. :-)
#1: My table and stamp storage, Monogram Letters (unfinished) and my kitty, Cleo!

#2 Sewing Machine and SM Table, Ribbons, Stamp Pads, A cute magnetic "bulletin board" made from a cookie sheet

#3 Up Close of the cookie sheet. This was an idea I copied from someone at twopeasinabucket.com - I thought it was so clever, and it is really cute!

#4 My SU Stamp collection (as well as a few others). I used an old Chicken Coop as the shelf. My husband hung it on the wall and it looked a little bare, so I threw some sunflowers on the top. Don't know if I actually like that or not though.

#5 My bookshelf. The top shelf are a few books I accidently unpacked - so I just left them on the shelf. The remaining shelves, and the top of the bookcase, are scrapbook supplies, magazines, and idea books. I also have my cameras and photography books, and pictures in this area. I'm still working on this part of the room.

#6 View from guest room doorway. You can see my "tool box" next to the scrap table. This thing is AWESOME! My husband found it at Lowes and I've filled it with all the little things I don't want laying out (embellishments, tools, embossing powder, etc.) Inside I have my embellishments sorted out by type into small double sided Plano tackle boxes. They're perfect for the small stuff!

#7 View from the scraproom doorway. You can see my wire Target crates from this view. This is where I keep my Quickutz, stickers, cardstock, some patterned paper, and various other tools that I use quite a bit. I don't know if I like this system, but I had the crates and felt like I needed to use them!


#8 I spent many hours wrapping ribbon around these old timey looking clothespins from The Dollar Tree. I love the look! I put them in an old wooden bowl, with some scrap ribbons in my old mason jar. Buttons are in the large blue Mason Jar. I drilled holes in the tops of all the clothespins in case I want to hang the ribbon some day.



No comments: