Friday, April 29, 2005

Ponderings of an Insomniac

It is 2:30 a.m. and I CAN'T sleep!!! What is UP with this?! My mind has been wandering all night long on silly things. For instance, just now the stupid Lime in the Coke song was bouncing through my head as if it hadn't been in there for DAYS already. Why does this song choose now to jump into the forefront of my mind and make enough noise to wake me up? And not 20 minutes ago - why did I feel the need to ponder the plight of Michael Jackson? I don't even like him! Here are a few more things I thought about between 1:30 and now:

What kind of patterned paper would my boss like me to use on the tag book she wants me to make for her mom? I better remember to add salad toppings to my list for the farmers market. I forgot to call Lisa ... (DOH - hit myself over the head!) I'm thirsty (which requires a trip downstairs to get a drink of anything wet that will quench my thirst!) I have to go to the bathroom (another trip downstairs). I wish Trevor wouldn't snore because now that I'm awake I'll hear him! Is Jack (my cat) next to me? It sure is hot up here - better open the windows. I wonder if I should get up and make a card. Maybe I should go ahead and make Anita's tag book. Go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep. Roll over, stick one foot out of the covers and it will cool off ... it isn't working. I'm not getting any cooler ... windows are up and it is only logical that if it is cool outside the cold will seep in through the OPEN WINDOWS!!! I think I'll get up and make that tag book. Now that I'm up I just don't feel motivated ... I think I'll blog!

So - those are the random thoughts of an insomniac - is there ANY cure?! I think I'll head back to bed and see if I can hitch a ride back to sleepytown ... wish me luck!

Things I know at 2:30 a.m.: I can't sew a straight line and will use up several pieces of good patterned paper if I don't stop while I'm ahead. I don't care what happens to Michael Jackson, but his problems sure make good reading. I'm going to be even more exhausted tomorrow morning. I would love a good bowl of hot and sour soup and crunchy little noodles. My cats love me enough to follow me around at this unsightly time of morning!

Ciao!

No comments: