Ha! Wish I could be catching some z's right now! I'm so tired I can't think straight. I woke up this morning to the rain's gentle pitter patter on my tin roof. My bed was all cozy and warm. Two of my favorite boys were stretched out next to me - my hunny and my cat, Jack. We were a happy trio until I looked at the clock and realized I'd turned off the alarm ... an HOUR ago! Sheesh! I tried to encourage Trevor to get out of bed and take his shower first, but he had my strategy figured out and told me I should go ahead and take my shower first. Nuts! So, I stomped around the room a bit, huffing and puffing my annoyance, and then made my way dowstairs to take my shower. But Trevor did redeem himself by being his usual sweet self and making my coffee for me. Which leads me to another sad drink story (after the diet coke with lime story can you handle another sad drink story?) My coffee was smelling good about the time I got out of the shower, but I knew I would have to wait and drink it out of my travel mug because we were pressed for time. I run upstairs, get ready lickity split, and finish just as Trevor is getting that frustrated "you're late again" look on his face. As we head out the door I grab everything I can possibly get my hands on that I "might" need during the course of the day (scrapbook magazines, patterned paper, Bible Study, Checkbook, purse, makeup, ...) and out the door we run. We're at the end of our road before I realize I'd left my steaming cup of freshly ground STRONG coffee sitting on my table. AAAAAAHHHHHHH ...... How could I?! With our tardiness looming in front of us I decided against turning around to retrieve my wake up juice. Nothing compares to that early morning first cup of coffee. It really gets me going. Now isn't that a SAD story?!
Well, it is finally Friday and I'm looking forward to our trip out of town tomorrow. Can't wait to visit the farmers market, see my friends, and just relax away from home. We haven't gone anywhere for months and this will be a fun weekend for Trev and I to spend some quality time together. It amazes me that we live in the same house, carpool to and from work together, pretty much spend all our time together, and we still miss out on quality time with each other. How the heck does that happen? I guess we just get caught up in the daily routine of life. When about a month goes by and we have nothing exciting to talk about my mind always starts freaking out on me. What happens when we're 70 years old - will we NEVER talk to each other? Will I be one of those ladies who talks to her animals more than her husband?! These are things one has to worry about when she is married to someone much quieter than herself.
These are things I do know: I'm going to find a strong cup of coffee so I can stay awake. My boss is the best boss ever - she rocks! The rain hitting our tin roof makes it difficult to get out of bed. More times than not I'm late for work, and Trevor is such a sport he just puts up with it. I've married my best friend and soul-mate - there's NO WAY we'll end up talking to animals instead of each other. :)
Ciao!
Friday, April 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment