Monday, May 02, 2005

Ten Stupid Things I Did as a Child

This is for Tenika's 2Peas challenge "Ten Stupid Things I Did as a Child":

1. Rubbed Ben Gay in my brother's diaper when he was a baby - I thought it was desitin (spell) - and wanted to "help" - Age 5

2. Tried to make my hair flip back in "wings" - I have naturally CURLY hair, so this was a fashion disaster!! - Age 12

3. Lied to my dad about spending the night with my friend when we were really going to a DRINKING party. Spent about 30 days on FULL restriction and learned I could have had a drink at home and enjoyed the hangover without being in restriction! - Age 15

4. Made my brother stick playdough up his nose and when he sniffed it got stuck up there. We spent about 20 minutes making him blow his nose in order to get the playdough "unstuck" so we didn't have to tell my parents. Age 13

5. Went to the Homecoming Dance with someone I couldn't stand, just so I could be near my ex-boyfriend and the girl he broke up with me to be with. VERY STUPID!! - Age 16

6. Tried out for the school dance team - HAHAHAHAHA ... drama "freaks" definitely don't belong on the dance team!

7. Shaved my hair on one side and in the back - the rest of it hung over to the left side of my head and I had a long tail in the back. That took care of the wings problem listed above. :) (for the record, I still think this was a fun haircut - but my mom and dad would say it looked stupid) - Age 15

8. Played with a pair of pliers that lock together and they locked onto the skin on my leg. I still have a scar - why didn't I listen to my cousin when he said "don't play with the pincher pliers?!"

9. Cried when I found out that no, actually, Mark Hammill wouldn't be my husband when I grew up. - Age 12

10. Wrote stories about meeting Duran Duran, falling in love with Nick Rhodes and bearing his children, and living happily ever after sharing makeup with my one true love. - Age 12

I sure hope the next challenge isn't "Ten Stupid Things I did as an Adult" ... I'd have a lot more to write about!

2 comments:

The Beyer Family said...

Well, lets just say he won't let me stick playdough up HIS nose, but he does have 4 kids I can torment. :) Seriously though, we get along pretty good now - although there are those moments...

I could probably find those stories if I spent some time in my parent's attic. I would love to get them back - they were hilarious. I remember reading them years later thinking I'd secretly read one to many of my neighbor's steamy romance novels!

missy s said...

great list.. i almost posted my photo of me with my dd shirt on for my list! too funny..i heart john taylor!