Wednesday, April 27, 2005

You Put the Lime in the Coke You Nut ...

This COMMERCIAL song keeps repeating itself in my head ... has been since last night! I think I'm being brainwashed because what did I do this morning when I got to work? Went to the fridge and pulled out one of my Diet Coke's with Lime! I'm a morning coffee kind of gal - I don't drink sodas until afternoon - if at all! Now - DCWL is the exception to the soda drinking rules. I just can't resist them!

This weekend we're going to visit my friends that I haven't seen in over 2 years! I'm so excited because my friend, Lisa, is expecting her third child and she'll know what she's having this week. She and her family were shocked to discover she is pregnant, but I know they're all thrilled now. I'm so happy for them - Lisa and Mark are awesome parents. Lisa has homeschooled her children since they were ready for school. Jake, their son, is sooooo smart. Their daughter, Shannon, is extremely bright and just loves cats. In years past I used to visit them quite often and would stay the weekend. After I moved our visits were few and far between, but Lisa and I have always been able to pick up our friendship right where we left off. I've known Lisa since I was in second grade - she is one of few friends I can say I've known almost my whole life! I've known her husband, Mark, since middle school - his father was my youth leader at church (lovingly referred to as Mr. D). Mark and Lisa have been married since they graduated from college in the late 80's and I was in their wedding. Over the years they have been a source of inspiration, encouragement, and an example to me. Whenever I would visit them I always left with a sense of peace, and I know it was because they have such a Godly home. Their faith is strong, and God is at the center of their lives. I love that after all these years they are still together, serving the Lord, and accessible to ME! :) I love them and the kids dearly and just can't wait to spend some time together.

This is what I know today: My husband is the best - he gets up every morning and starts the coffee so that when I get up it is ready to drink, and most mornings he takes his shower first so I can squeeze a few more minutes of sleep time into my morning. He's wonderful! I am highly addicted to the computer these days - especially learning more about blogging. I still want that pink iPod! I have spring fever. I absolutely LOVE wisteria. I want to take a photography class so I can learn how to use my Canon 35 mm SLR (Elon 7n)

Ciao!




No comments: