Sunday, May 22, 2005

Home Sweet Home

We finally made it home from our weekend of festivites (see previous post) and it feels SOOOO good to be home. Our furry friends are veyr happy to have us home, and it feels good to kick back in our own living room. Trevor claims to have heard his recliner chair "calling for him" ... somehow I think he's full of it! :)

The wedding was great. We had such a blast visiting with my family and meeting the bride's family. They were a bit odd (I think they thought the same of us ... but then I think I already told you WE ARE!!!) and it was utter chaos from Friday until Saturday after the wedding, but all in all I think the marriage was a success. Some highlights of the weekend are:
  1. STARBUCKS COFFEE!!!!
  2. Watching my cousin act "normal" around his bride to be the night of the rehearsal dinner
  3. Playing with the baby racoon my aunt found and saved from being hit by a car - I got to feed it and hold it for hours. What F*U*N!
  4. Hanging out with my family the day before the wedding
  5. Seeing all the brothers line up as the "best men" - boy were they handsome!!
  6. Looking over at my aunt and seeing tears of happiness in her eyes
  7. When Trevor told me I looked beautiful
  8. Visiting old haunts (I grew up in Northern VA)
  9. Bittersweet feelings of missing family members who have passed away and would have been so happy to see Mike get married - I have to believe they were up there smiling as Mike said his vows
  10. Dancing with reckless abandon to the goofy music the DJ played at the reception
  11. Watching my mom and dad dance a slow dance
  12. Dancing a slow dance with Trevor
  13. Seeing my aunt from California for the first time in about 6 years
  14. Sitting back and just taking in everyone and everything around me - taking mental snapshots to reflect on in the future
  15. Laughing with my mom and my aunt
  16. Meeting a couple that has been married for 60 Years!
  17. Loving and being loved by my family

I hope everyone had an awesome weekend, although I am glad to be home. I was beginning to miss my little friends back home and was anxious to make sure they were okay.

Ciao~

No comments: