This is my entry for Tenika's challenge on 2Peas
I am almost scared to look too far back into the past ... I was not a pretty kid! But, I will say I had good taste in music - obviously!!!! Any child of the 80's would have to agree. :) Here is a reflection of my taste in music:
1. Duran Duran: Pretty much ANYTHING by them ... but my favorite song was "Save a Prayer" - I will always remember Nick on the elephant laughing ... *sigh*
2. U2: Sunday Bloody Sunday and any other song - I was a BONOFIDE fan (hehe)
3. Asia: Africa (I think that was the name of the song)
4. Ratt: Round and Round
5. The Cure:
6. Siouxsie & the Banshees
7. The Cult
8. Phil Collins: Miami Vice era
9. Sex Pistols
10. Beastie Boys
11. Cocteau Twins
12. Depeche Mode - Oh Yeah!!
13. 10,000 Maniacs and later Natalie Merchant
14. Kate Bush
15. Dead Can Dance
16. Sarah McLaughlin
17. Enya
18. Echo & The Bunneymen
19. The Smiths/Morrissey
20. And one to throw you off ... Metallica
My outfits of choice were pretty much the same - black with holes, holy black, and black, black & holy. I had my head shaved on the side and in the back - with a long tail that went down my back. I wore black eyeliner, had my ears pierced about 10 times, and I survived my youth only by writing deep, dark poetry. I was part of the drama society throughout my high school career - that meant I had to live very dramatically. I'm sure life at home was just so much fun with me around. :) My mom quit taking pictures of me around this time, which I just can't understand.
So - that's me in a nutshell. Some things haven't changed much - I still love black, 80's music, piercings, tattoos, and poetry. Other things, thank GOD, have changed! My hair grows on all sides of my head now. I have a strong faith in God. Most of my pants don't have holes in them. I prefer marriage over dating. Thankfully, I've left the teenage angst behind!!
Whew - that was a tough trip down memory lane. I spent years in therapy to help me forget who I was! :) Sorry - I don't have any pictures to share.
Monday, May 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love Depeche Mode and The Smiths! I wore all black too. ;)
I love you music choices!
I'm still BONOFIDE! :)
This is pretty much my list too! Bwahahahaa!
Post a Comment