My husband and I have been married for 3 full years today! As of this time, three years ago, we were enjoying our outdoor reception with family and friends. It was a beautiful day with lots of laughter and being surrounded by family and friends we hadn't seen in a long time. Our wedding ceremony wasn't long at all. A friend had to run home quickly (lives about 5 minuts from church) and pick up the gift he left behind, and by the time he got back we were done! Our vows were short but sweet. As a surprise to my poor unsuspecting mother we marched back down the aisle as husband and wife to the Star Wars theme song. As a surprise to me and my husband, my brother and cousin were at the head of the aisle with light sabers crossed for us to walk beneath. I think it was the funniest part of the wedding.
Something interesting about me and my honey - this was our second marriage ... to each other!!! Many years before, when we were both young and foolish (19 & 20) Trevor was in the military and getting ready to leave for the Persian Gulf (Round 1). We decided we had to get married ... who knew what could happen while he was over there! The marriaged fizzled about 8 months later when I realized I was not ready to be married. During the time we were getting divorced my cousin ended up marrying Trevor's sister! Talk about crazy ... Fast forward 8 years. I'm being counseled into my adult years. My counseler tells me that in order to move forward I have to close some doors of the past. *SIGH* I knew that meant I needed to get in touch with my ex so I could have some closure. Ended up, we got back together!!! On July 4, 2000, Trevor and I met at my cousin/brother-in-law/sister-in-law/cousin-in-law's house, and we have been together ever since.
I am in no way taking credit for this amazing twist in my life. I figure God sure has a good sense of humor, and our fate was to be together. Just not the first time ... we needed those 8 years to grow up, have a few bad relationships, grow spiritually, and then find one another again.
I love our story, it gives me goosebumps. I am happy that we've outlasted our previous attempt at marriage by 2 years. We joke and say we only signed up for a 50 year contract with the option to renew at the end of that time - but I know we'll be together forever.
Ciao!
Wednesday, May 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment