A week feels like a year! This is one of those weeks. While yesterday was a milestone in my married life, we did nothing to celebrate. We decided to wait until this weekend (after payday! hehe) - therefore, yesterday was like any other day. And the "any other days" of this week have been enough to make me pull my hair out. My eye continually twitches for pete's sake - that can't be good! The weather has been beautiful, but there's very little of it to enjoy once I get out of work. So, I try to cram all my outside time into the few brief hours I have after work - in between laundry, cooking dinner, and anything else that stands in the way of outside time. Last night we did make it over to Lowes to pick up some flowers to put in my flower pots. I managed to get two pots of flowers planted before the sun went down. Not much for a full evening's work!
Today's blog is obviously going to turn into a gripe session, so I'll just go all out and talk about my horribly rotten, no good, very bad week. I work for a small mortgage company and by default I get to help my boss's husband with his remodeling company. I will refer to her husband as boss #2 (because he's a pain in the butt! hehehe) so it won't be too confusing to anyone who may happen upon my blog and feel like reading my complaints. Anyway, #2 and I have had difficulty communicating these past few weeks. Everytime I tell him something he argues with me. It could be anything - if I say the sky is blue he would say "yeah, but there's a cloud over there." I can't stand it when communication goes south and I feel like I am forced to be polite. That is how I've felt these past few days. Well, today we had a blow out - I blew out to be precise. He irritated me for the last time today and I just couldn't take it anymore. So I told him he was being shitty and I was sick of it. He blew up and walked away - then went home and tattled to his wife - my REAL boss. AAAAAHHHHH ... I have no doubt I will be on the poop list for this one. Is it time to look for something else? I used to work for lawyers in a large company, I felt confident in my abilities as a paralegal (glorified secretary) and organizational skills. I am in a completely different environment down here in Roanoke, I just can't seem to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing - its driving me nuts! I do know I can't stand working in the midst of chaos, and that is what it is like with #2. He's a financial, unorganized mess! With that said, I love him to death! See my problem? He and my boss are like family to me, and I don't like being upset with them. Ahhh, why can't life be fair?! Why can't I get paid to scrapbook for a living?! Now that would be my idea of a great job.
THEN - on top of all the drama today, the phone keeps ringing and it is someone trying to fax something to us! You'd think after the 5th or 6th redial attempt they would hear me answering the phone instead of a fax tone ... not the fool sending THIS fax. This brilliant individual has been faxing our phone number all afternoon! Like for the past 3-4 hours!!! ARGH~
So- I'm hoping tommorow evening will be better. We're meeting one of my favorite people, Aubie, at our local Cinema Cafe to see "Hitch." I think I'm going to order a beer with my movie! A good cold one sounds wonderful right about now. One day I'm going to write about my pal Aubie. She's a wonderful gal, and FUNNY! She's so clever, and she has the funniest things happen to her. Life with Aubie is always an adventure - I love hanging with her and her pal Michie.
Well, this is what I know today. I need an attitude adjustment, a good meal, some funny conversation, a good movie, and maybe even a nice bubble bath.
Ciao~
Thursday, May 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment