Monday, June 13, 2005

Monday Blues

I woke up this morning to grey skies and the threat of rain in the air. It is humid and hard to breathe - I think I'd rather have dry heat (I know my hair would prefer the dry heat!!) Needless to say my Monday has started out as many other Mondays of the past. No inspiration (but plenty of perspiration!!)



This weekend I had a wonderful time at my cousin's graduation party. She is actually the daughter of my first cousin, so would that make her my second cousin? We're all so close I've always been called Aunt Heather - by cousins and nieces/nephews alike. So - we drove three hours to attend the festivities and spent the day visiting with relatives I haven't seen in a long time and relatives I saw at the wedding a few weeks ago. It was broiling hot, soupy would be a good word to describe the weather, and we all sat outside drinking our favorite drinks and chatting it up. A relative from Texas made a Texas brisket especially for the occassion. It was AWESOME!! My first taste of red meat that made me want to go back for seconds ... unfortunately it was gone by the time I made it back through the line for round two. Oh well. I played Scrabble with my Scrabble buddy, Beth, and a few others - we love this game. We like to flex our vocabulary muscles when we're all together. Our family has its fair share of writers pseudo intellectuals, so this is a fun way to poke fun at one another ... all in the competitive spirit of course. The Scrabble board is usually reserved for the beach, but since I won't be attending the annual family beach outing this year, Beth and I decided we needed to bond over the board a bit. I'm still not sure if "fen" is a type of "bog" - but Beth insisted it was. Does anyone out there recognize the word?



On Friday night I spent many hours cutting out 6x6 squares of fabric for a quilt I'm making my mom. On Sunday I went over to a friend's house and she helped me get started on piecing quilt squares into cute little sandwiches of multi colored fabric. I'm LOVING this! I'm so excited that I'm actually quilting. My sewing machine did an excellent job - I just need to get used to sewing on fabric instead of paper. :) This quilt is going to be so cute when we're finished. We ran out of fabric, so I had to purchase more this morning. Tonight I'll be back to the cutting board, so to speak. I think I'm trying to set a record for the amount of projects I can start and finish this month. Proof of this is the list below that I am currently working on:



1. Grandmother's Brag Book
2. Photography - reading my "Idiot's guide to.."
3. Quilt
4. Bread making/wheat berry grinding
5. Organizing my life (HA!)
6. Books I have started and not finished
So, that's my weekend in a nutshell. Nothing too exciting to read about, but definitely a fun and happy weekend for moi. Happy Monday All!


~ciao

1 comment:

CarrieB said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I hope you post a photo of the quilit. What a great talent to have and develop! I should make a project list too. I have too much looming!