Friday, June 10, 2005

**ConFessions**

1. I brush my eyebrows every night before I go to bed or else I can't fall asleep.
2. I absolutely do NOT allow foods on my plate to get mixed up. And I always have to wipe off my plate before I go back for seconds. Desserts go on a completely different plate.
3. I can't drink coffee if it has been sitting for over 15 minutes - I admit I'm a coffee snob. I remedy this problem by only brewing 2-4 cups of coffee at a time ... at least 3 times a day on the weekends.
4. Sometimes, in the winter, I like to sleep with the heat running and the window open. Trevor gets extremely irritated with my willingness to "heat" the outdoors.
5. I have to gag at least three times before I feel like my teeth and tongue are clean. I know - strange. I also brush my teeth 3x a day. Probably a habit brought on by the trauma of wearing braces for 6.5 years.
6. I collect purses and socks and jewelry and scrapbook supplies and ink pens and mechanical pencils and little journals that catch my eye.
7. I would rather own a book than borrow one from the library - therefore I have a gazillion books that I've packed and moved from one place to another over the years. I've finally settled down and they haven't been taken out of their boxes.
8. I can't stand for paper to be folded crooked, and it especially irritates me when someone staples papers that aren't stacked neatly.
9. I am a gadget person through and through - love the latest and greatest in technology. It is for this reason, and the color, that I greatly desire a pink iPod mini and another new digital camera.
10. I love sushi
11. I sweep every day and if I see a stray hair (I have animals after all) flying around I'll sweep again. It drives me nuts.
12. When I was in 1st grade I wrote a paper about my hobby ... sweeping. I guess that explains #11!
13. I hate using public restrooms and have been known to "hold it" for hours until we've reached our destination before I use the bathroom. Germs scare me!
14. I wanted to be a journalist, photographer, marine biologist, or a lawyer when I grew up. I'm a secretary/loan officer/paralegal/"other duties as required" person for a mortgage company and I'm still not sure which one of the above I want to be when I grow up. :)
15. I have red hair ... and that means statistically I make up about 1% of the population. I have the personality to match as well.
16. Did I mention I wore braces for 6.5 years? When I start losing teeth I'm going to have them bronzed and framed.
17. I married my husband ... twice.
18. I always thought I'd grow up and live in NYC or someplace with a huge population and lots of cultural diversity. I live in a small town where everyone strives to own a truck, get married and pregnant by the time they turn 18, and hopefully complete 12 years of school.
19. With reference to #18 - I love this little town, have found a different type of diversity, and love the pace of life and space. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
20. I was named after a Readers Digest Condensed Book called "The Heather Mary."
Happy Friday everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

#12 cracks me up!!! And I am so with ya on #13!

CarrieB said...

I'm with you on #6 through 10. And I happend to have a redheaded son, so I can relate to #15.

Love your list!

mindi11 said...

i loved reading this! I relate to so many things on your list