I'm being overwhelmed by technology. I consider myself technologically savvy, but this blog is definitely kicking my butt. I need the "Geek Squad" or a geek genie to walk me through all this html code. Not just blogging either. I could use the genie help in the areas of digital photography and photo editing. Are there any geek genies out there?!
On another note, this person is not just a talented scrapbook guru and photographer, she's also the maker of some funky, very COOL bracelets. I'm so excited to receive my bracelets next week. Stay tuned for mymodeling session where you will observe lil ol me wearing nothing {on my wrist} but a BEADLE by April. How daring and bold (or "Oh the Horror of it all!"} >:)
I received feedback from some of you about my change of diet/lifestyle. So - I've decided that this would be a great venue to journal my progress to the granola side (use the force Heather!) This will help hold me accountable to people other than my family - who I'm sure will be groaning along with me as we make this transition. The plan is for my mom and I to gather the "tools of the trade" (i.e., vitamins, locate the more affordable stores that care whole/organic food, obtain our grain mill, etc.) and begin the diet in mid July after we return from vacation. The vacation thing has been planned for many months and I can't see me forcing my friends to endure a whole grain diet at the beach! Financially this is a practical way for us to implement a few changes over the course of the next month and be 100% to start the 40 days of diet by July. To date I've located several whole/organic food sources where we can buy in bulk at discount. Our grain mill has been ordered (on backorder), and we should expect to receive it by next month. I've found a great health food store that carries the vitamins and herbal supplements we need, and the staff is extremely helpful and friendly. I'm reading my books, researching alternative ways to help my husband adjust to NOT taking his over the counter medicine for Acid Reflux. We've found some really good advice in a nutritional/herbal remedies book. We'll see how it goes. I just want him to feel better - which is part of the reason we're doing this diet.
Tonight - I'm so excited. One of my co-workers is also a seamstress in her "other" life, and she has the most amazing creative juices flowing through her veins. She has agreed to help me make a small "throw" rag quilt for my mom. This co-worker can also do stained glass, curtains, monogramming, and painting. She's a true artist, and I'm so excited to finally meet someone who enjoys being artistic. It is inspiring to be around her. She is incredible. Tonight I will begin my first lesson in quiltmaking. She is also going to help me make a tote bag - I'll have to scan some of the material I found. It is so cute! I explained to her that the bulk of my sewing has been done on scrapbook pages, so she'd have to be patient with me. Wish me luck!
~ciao
On another note, this person is not just a talented scrapbook guru and photographer, she's also the maker of some funky, very COOL bracelets. I'm so excited to receive my bracelets next week. Stay tuned for mymodeling session where you will observe lil ol me wearing nothing {on my wrist} but a BEADLE by April. How daring and bold (or "Oh the Horror of it all!"} >:)
I received feedback from some of you about my change of diet/lifestyle. So - I've decided that this would be a great venue to journal my progress to the granola side (use the force Heather!) This will help hold me accountable to people other than my family - who I'm sure will be groaning along with me as we make this transition. The plan is for my mom and I to gather the "tools of the trade" (i.e., vitamins, locate the more affordable stores that care whole/organic food, obtain our grain mill, etc.) and begin the diet in mid July after we return from vacation. The vacation thing has been planned for many months and I can't see me forcing my friends to endure a whole grain diet at the beach! Financially this is a practical way for us to implement a few changes over the course of the next month and be 100% to start the 40 days of diet by July. To date I've located several whole/organic food sources where we can buy in bulk at discount. Our grain mill has been ordered (on backorder), and we should expect to receive it by next month. I've found a great health food store that carries the vitamins and herbal supplements we need, and the staff is extremely helpful and friendly. I'm reading my books, researching alternative ways to help my husband adjust to NOT taking his over the counter medicine for Acid Reflux. We've found some really good advice in a nutritional/herbal remedies book. We'll see how it goes. I just want him to feel better - which is part of the reason we're doing this diet.
Tonight - I'm so excited. One of my co-workers is also a seamstress in her "other" life, and she has the most amazing creative juices flowing through her veins. She has agreed to help me make a small "throw" rag quilt for my mom. This co-worker can also do stained glass, curtains, monogramming, and painting. She's a true artist, and I'm so excited to finally meet someone who enjoys being artistic. It is inspiring to be around her. She is incredible. Tonight I will begin my first lesson in quiltmaking. She is also going to help me make a tote bag - I'll have to scan some of the material I found. It is so cute! I explained to her that the bulk of my sewing has been done on scrapbook pages, so she'd have to be patient with me. Wish me luck!
~ciao
No comments:
Post a Comment