I have so many ideas and things I want to accomplish spinning around inside this head of mine! Lists of "things to do," "things I want," "books to read," "things to buy". The lists have taken over my little pink notebook. And for the life of me I can't work up the energy to accomplish even one of my items on a list. I've been working on a scrapbook for my boss for over 5 months now - her grandson is going to be a toddler before I get to the last page! I have books on simplifying my life, for organizing my life and closets, books that explain why I'm tired and how to eat better, how to have a better marriage, how to be a better Christian, how to cook ... but I can't find the time to read all these books in order to apply even one of these books to my life. My word, I'm overwhelmed by the books I have to read just to be normal! I don't know how so many women do it. How are they wives, mothers, employees, artists, daughters, siblings ... and still find time to breathe? Sometimes I feel like such a failure.
So - where do I start? Here's a novel idea ... I'll make a list! :)
To top it all off, I feel so guilty about my list of "complaints" because at least I'm healthy and have a great marriage. I have family who love me - even when I'm at my moodiest. I have a home I can decorate and my family of furry kids. So many people have legitimate complaints - mine are so superficial. But they're mine, and they are significant to me.
Ack - these are the thoughts that constantly go round and round in my head. Feel bad, feel guilty, focus on the good and get happy ... And here I am. It feels so good just putting these thoughts into words. I am so grateful for this little slice of the internet to talk about me.
Sweet Dreams my cyber friends. And mom, if you happen to be reading this ... Good night, I love you!
1 comment:
How did you get into my head? LOL. Seriously, I could have written your post today. I also have list upon list of things I want to to. Things I should do. I have a ton of books that will guide me, but getting those books read and applied is the tricky part.
Here's a hint: NO ONE can do it all. Even if you have a stellar day of accomplishing things you have written down, you'll still be left with a nagging feeling that you could have done more, could have done better. It's kind of like moving and getting a huge closet with more space. Somehow you find a way to fill it up and are left thinking you need more space.
Be gentle with yourself and acknowledge what you HAVE done. Prioritize and use a "A,B,C" ranking so you can focus on what matters most (I'm borrowing this from a Franklin-Covey class I took)
A= must get done, vital
B= important, but can wait until A's get done
C=would be nice to accomplish, but won't change my life if it does or doesn't get done.
Hang in there girl!
Post a Comment