PINK:
I wanted to post last night, but I was way too busy programming my NEW PINK iPOD mini!!! :) Yesterday Trev surprised me with a "belated" anniversary gift. I'm the proud new owner of an iPod, the synching base, earphones, belt clip, a cool speaker base, AND a $15 iTunes store gift card (which I've already spent!). I brought it with me to work today and I'm so tempted to listen to the cool songs I downloaded, but that would probably interfere with me answering the phone when it rings. *Sigh*
On the HEALTH front:
I received notice that the grain mill has shipped, along with some books on healthy living and healthy recipes using organic foods. I should receive those items next week. I just returned from my new favorite store, Nature's Outlet, with more vitamins and some really great herbal facial cleansing products. I bought the milk cleanser and Dandilion moisturizer the last time I went to the store and I love it so much I went back and picked up the rest of the cleansing products in that line. I have noticed a HUGE difference in the texture and general appearance of my skin since using these products. All the ingredients are organically grown, animal cruelty free, and they smell/feel great when I use them. The company is owned by a couple in Northern Virginia and they only sell to co-op type stores in the area. If I can ever find them on the internet I will post the link. Definitely better than the stuff I was buying at Wally World! I also bought some more vitamins and herbal supplements that should help with Trev's Acid Reflux problems. I feel like I'm on track with the whole health food thing, but I'm still a little concerned about my lack of discipline to dietary changes. I honestly believe this is a necessary change in our lives, but it will be extremely difficult to break some of our habits! I MUST be disciplined ... is there a boot camp for this type of thing?! :)
ON THE creative FRONT:
I am so frustrated by my lack of creativity right now! I have several major projects due, some of them are past due, and I can't seem to get it together and create something I'm pleased with. Is there a cure for this disease? Interestingly enough, just when I thought my creative gene had "left the house" for good, I received an e-mail from my best friend Vicki Blizzard. I'm still not sure how she knows I am in a rut, but boy was her newsletter good timing! I'll share her ideas with you in my next entry. Aside from the bubble bath suggestion, I think I'll give her advice a try! :)
otHer NeWs
We have some friends from out of town coming in to visit us on Saturday, so we're having a small cookout at our house. And, as everyone is aware, this Sunday is Father's Day. Trevor and I are hosting another cookout at our house in honor of my father. I have to make a sappy Father's Day Card, and find a small gift for my dad. It looks to be shaping up into another FULL weekend for us, so I guess I better start making my "what I'm making," "what I need," and "house cleaning" TO DO lists. Trevor thinks my lists are humorous ... if he only knew what kind of life I'd lead without them he'd be happy I keep lists! BTW: If anyone has a good chicken rub recipe send me an e-mail!
~ciao
Thursday, June 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love the updates! Congrats on your anniversary (belated) and you new iPod!! You'll love it!
Glad to hear the eating plan is coming together. I've slacked a little bit, but overall, keeping the sugar and refined foods OUT!!! My big splurges were two pieces of thin crust basil and tomato pizza on Saturday and a serving of fried rice last night (with my beef broccoli). I have to feel good that I kept it to one small serving instead of 1/2 the carton.
I have a very good friend and neighbor who is a Victoria's Secret size 0. She is tiny and muscular and gorgeous. She feeds her kids sugar from sun up to sundown. We shopped together today and she asked if we could please stop and get donuts for the kids for breakfast (she hadn't fed her daughter yet). I relented, but it was so hard for me not to break into song about the evils of refined sugar. Kills me to see the kids eat candy and soda like they do. I keep all of that stuff OUT of my home, but it is very hard to be the bad guy when another family is next to you eating it all.
Oh well. daily battles. small victories. Have a good day!
Post a Comment