I'm still here! This week has proven to be a little busier than I expected it to be! We're in the process of hiring a replacement for this previous employee (argh ... don't get me started!) and I'm the "go to" person for all new employees. I think this is the part of the job I dislike the most. I'm not a good teacher, and I always end up having to "teach". I feel bad for my students because I get frustrated easily. I try not to, and I love being available to help them out, but I am a redhead and my frustrations boil over frequently. :( It isn't the actual teaching that frustrates me either. It is usually the fact that I've had to order business cards or set up an e-mail account, or something technical hasn't gone right, and then I get frustrated. I take it out on my own computer, get hateful with support staff on the other end of the phone, huff and puff my way through the day, and then feel so GUILTY!!! This entry probably sounds disjointed and contradictory, but I'm thinking and typing at the same time. Probably not a good idea!
I have a bunch of squash from my plants and I wanted to make quiche. Well, you need a crust for a really GOOD quiche, right? So - last night I decided it was high time I attempted to make a pie crust. In hindsight it was probably more of a Saturday or Sunday afternoon type of thing to do, but at the time it sounded feasible to make piecrusts and a quiche on the same night and expect to consume them. 5 hours after I started I was finally pulling the last quiche out of the oven. They turned out very good (although the pie crusts didn't look anything like I'd envisioned they would look! Mrs. Smith I'm not!) and at 9:30 p.m. we were starving. Remind me to forego any future culinary experiments during the week!
Quick Note: Pampered Chef made my life SOOOOO much easier! Batter bowls, scrapers, measuring cups, and many other utensils I've bought and never used for just this occassion, made cooking so much more enjoyable!
On Sunday my mom and I decided to bake our whole wheat bread. We did an awesome job for two people who'd never made bread by hand before! It was so much fun and boy did it taste good. Didn't take 5 hours for the bread ... maybe I'll stick with that!
Anyway - I hope everyone is having a great week. I'm still checking in and reading all my favorite blogs, but I've not had a lot of time to sit down and type my own entry! I'll update this weekend, I promise!
~ciao
Wednesday, July 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey it's good to see you back! I hope things calm down at work for you. I understand the frustration of everyone dumping on you when new staff come on. I'll say a little prayer for your serenity:)
I hope your quiche was delicious! I'm sure it was. I'm totally a weekend chef and week day simple cook. It works. Have a beautiful day!
Post a Comment