ETA: Did I mention the best part of the house, according to some who have spent more time there, is the pool room equipped with kitchen and bar, and also the "theater" downstairs? How could I forget such a thing! Maybe if I visit again I will witness first hand the many fun things I've heard about the game room. :)
As promised, I'm slowly adding pictures from my trip to Boone, NC. Today's pictures are of the house (Gus lives here!) where I stayed.
A little background information that I found interesting and entertaining:
A little background information that I found interesting and entertaining:
The house is an old stone farmhouse that was built in the early 1930's. The owner of this fine abode was a well-to-do, respectable and upstanding citizen of the community. As the story goes, he took the local bar matron to be his lovely bride and lady of his fine house. The town folks were aghast and appalled that he would choose such an unbefitting woman to be his wife. It seems the town most likely made their opinions known to the gentleman and his wife, who were undoubtedly already aware of the brough-ha-ha their union had created. Spurred into action by the town's poor behavior, our gentleman friend created the perfect tribute to symbolize his love for his bar bride.
Outside, above the two windows facing the street, Mr. Gentleman placed an archway of beer/wine bottles from his bride's tavern. *SMOOCH* Ain't love grand?! :)

And this is a picture of the house as it looks from the driveway. As I mentioned earlier, it was built in the early 1930's and is made entirely of stone and slate. The current owners have been renovating the house since last year and have done quite a bit of work upgrading the interior.

Another picture of the bottle arches around the windows:

The small courtyard that leads to a back door. I thought this was such a cute little area. They're using this as a storage spot for now:

And here is the final picture for today. This is the original marble mantle that was installed in the living room. It is GORGEOUS!!! The display of pottery on the mantle are beautiful pieces of artwork created by local NC artists. The whole house is like an art gallery. I have some pictures of the artwork, but I'm afraid to post them for copyright reasons. Here is a link to the art gallery the couple own and run: The Art Cellar

~ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment