
I've been writing about other people's pets, so I thought I would include a picture of my baby boy, Baron. He is 1.5 years old, weighs about 90 lbs. and is SWEET!!! Don't let his rough exterior fool you. His greatest love is his older sister, Samantha, (she can't hold still long enough for me to take her picture) an 8 year old Rottweiler. Baron follows Sam around 24/7 and they wrestle all over the backyard ... growling and tackling one another. Most evenings it sounds like Jurrasic Park back there!
We adopted Baron through the Humane Society when he was about 3 months old. He was the saddest looking puppy you've ever seen. He'd been neglected and was malnourished when we picked him up from the foster family. Right away Baron and I bonded. He spent most of his time on my lap, and I was the one who took him to the vet for his shots and check ups. Even now he still loves me and will follow me all around the yard.
Sam is Trevor's dog from before we were married - she loves Trevor so much. She'll follow him everywhere and look up at him with her big chocolate brown eyes. She is definitely her dad's girl!
I love coming home after work and letting the dogs out of their pen, giving them a bone, and watching them play. Sam promptly buries her bone for a late night snack, and Baron sniffs out a great location to lay down and enjoy his tasty snack. My kitties greet me at the door and follow me around until I feed them. All of our animals bring me so much joy. So glad God thought of giving us furry family members who give their love unconditionally. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment