I'm sending out lots of prayers for my friend, Michelle, and her family who live in or just outside of New Orleans. I've been in constant contact with Michelle and she is fine, but part of her family didn't make it out of Lousiana and had to stay with friends who live on "higher ground." If you've ever been to New Orleans, you know there isn't much high ground - so we're praying these family members are safe and sound. Michelle made it as far as Birmingham, AL and is holed up in a La Quinta hotel. She and her two dogs have a room stocked with coke, snacks, and plenty of good reading material. She says it has been raining, but is nothing compared to other areas. It has been and continues to be very stressful for her. She has no idea when she'll be able to get back into the city. She just started a new job last week, and her office is located right next to the Superdome. She doesn't know if the building has been damaged and because the phones are out she hasn't been able to get in touch with her bosses. Not even by cell phone. So - until further notice she will remain in Birmingham. I hope she has a few good books!
I have a great love for New Orleans, I've been there to stay with Michelle's family several times, and I am praying for the people who live there. I just can't imagine the clean up and recovery that will occur after the waters subside. My heart goes out to everyone who has suffered a loss.
Mish, if you're reading this stay safe and know I'm praying for you and the pups. I know you've had a rough few months and I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I'm here if you need me!
Ciao!
2 comments:
I will definitely keep them all in my prayers, I didn't realize it was so bad.
Thanks for providing a name for prayer. Even though I have been praying for the hundreds of thousands of people affected by this disaster, it helps me to have a name to pray specifically.
New Orleans was a place I have always hoped to see. How sad that if I ever get there, it just won't be the same as I've always heard and read about.
Post a Comment