
I have bought countless coffeemakers over the years (just ask my poor husband!!). I've given away said coffeepots too ... none of them were up to my standards until I purchased this little baby. Simple, no real bells and whistles, but elegant in its brushed stainless steel and black appearance. The coffee tastes good every time!
Each morning I am rudely awakened by the incessant beep beep beep of my alarm clock. My first stop of the day is the kitchen. I stumble downstairs,grind my coffee beans, and turn on the coffeemaker. When I hear the gentle hiss of water turning to steam I know I'm about 2 minutes away from waking up. Sometimes, after a long day at work I come home and fix a cup of coffee. There is nothing better to soothe away the rough edges of a bad day.
My friends will all confirm that if they want good coffee, at any time of day, Heather's "barista" is the place to be. I'm known as the coffee queen. Two of my friends actually own 2 of my old coffeemakers. When I go to their house I feel right at home. :)
I grew up in a family of coffee drinkers, although over the years some of these people have changed their coffee making techniques. For my mom, a granule of coffee per 12 cups of water will get her through the day (UGH!). My aunt has resorted to some strange concoction of decaffeinated instant coffee, mixed with International Instant Coffee flavors (DOUBLE UGH!). My dad ... well, he just drinks decaf. I guess when you get old you don't really want to stay awake, right? :) My cousin, Linda, and I are the only two left who know how to make coffee, and we are quite proud of this talent. I'm hoping she sticks with the program!
So, come on in, sit down and visit for a while. I'll fix you a good cup of coffee while you're here.
Ciao!
2 comments:
I got happy just LOOKING at your coffee maker! How's THAT for a java junkie? I love my coffee. Love it!
We buy whole bean Columbiano Narino from The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. My mom used to make the same blend, but recently did a detox and gave up caffeine. My dad's favorite is a canned brand called Chock Full o' Nuts wth Chickory. As much as I love coffee, I had to pour it out! Blech! I'll get my good stuff tomorrow am!
UUUUMMMMMMMM....... Can I come over NOW? I'm drinking a rather horrible cup of cafeteria coffee and you're making me jealous!! : )
Post a Comment