Thursday, September 01, 2005

And Now for Something Lighthearted ...

My friend sent me this e-mail today with a bunch of "getting to know you" questions. I've done this type of questionairre hundreds of times, but I thought it would be fun to share with my blog buddies as well. Enjoy!

1. What is your occupation/job? Secretary with "other duties as assigned"

2. What color is your underwear? Blue and white

3. What was the last thing you ate? A California Cobb Salad with grilled chicken.

4. Do you wish on stars? Only the falling stars. Prayer works much better!

5. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Either that ugly orange I believe they call
"Burnt Umber" or that ugly shade of green that looks like Pea Green

6. How is the weather right now? GORGEOUS!! Calm after the storm


7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Somebody asking for "Orlando" ... wrong number!

8. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Yep Yep Yep! She is a good friend.

10. How old are you today? 34 - thank goodness I have a few months before I hit the critical age of 35

11. Favorite drink? COFFEE!!!!! But only freshly brewed STRONG coffee.

12. Favorite sport to watch? Love those Japanese Extreme Sports - seems to be the only thing considered a "sport" that I watch these days.

13. Have you ever dyed your hair? With red hair who really needs to dye it? I would look terrible as anything other than a redhead - I leave well enough alone these days.

14. Do you wear contacts or glasses? Not yet, but my aunt recently cursed me by saying I'll eventually end up with glasses because EVERYONE else in the family has poor eyesight and I can't avoid it. Even if I don't go to the eyedoctor!

15. Pets? Sammy and Baron - two loveable but goofy rotties; Jack my crazy yellow cat, and Miss Cleo, my beautiful princess kitty.

16. Favorite month? Hmmm ... November is a great month. All the major holidays are just around the corner ... my birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas. :)

17. Favorite food? Thai, but there isn't much of a demand for Thai food in Roanoke so I settle on Chinese. On my birthday Trev usually takes me to Kabuke - a favorite Japanese Steak House.

18. What was the last movie you watched? "The Ring Two" and "Alone in the Dark". It was scary movie night at our house! Movie #1 left me feeling ooggy... like its predecessor, and movie #2 was just plain dumb. Christian Slater has gone downhill ... and the leading lady was Tara Reid, who I can't stand OR take seriously. I was rooting for the monster to eat her skinny little butt! hehehe

19. Favorite day of the year? Since I'm getting older I'm not a big fan of my birthday, but I dearly love Christmas Eve. We spend the evening at my parent's house watching t.v. and wrapping those last minute gifts (usually ALL my mom's gifts!) I also like 4th of July - fireworks are so magical to me.

20. What do you do to vent anger? It depends on who I'm mad at. I've been known to throw huge tantrums when I don't get my way - or I can calmly walk away and scream inwardly at the idiot who has angered me. Either way I think it is bad for my blood pressure! I almost passed out the last time I threw a fit!

21. What was your favorite toy as a child? My little brother, Mark. He was fun to dress up in dresses and make up. I also enjoyed tormenting him on a daily basis. Otherwise, I didn't have "toys" per se. I enjoyed reading.

22. Fall or Spring? Both - at the end of Winter I yearn for spring. At the end of Summer I'm ready for fall!

23. Hugs or kisses? Hugs and Kisses from my honey or my family. NOBODY ELSE - unless you're a good friend and we feel comfortable hugging and kissing on one another. Hate it when strangers kiss me on the cheeks or touch my hair ... that just seems so wrong!

24. Cherry or Blueberry? Can I like Peach & Apple instead? Oh, and PUMPKIN!!!

25. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back? No, I prefer to send e-mail to everyone and never receive a response back from them. I like it that way - makes me feel so special!

26. Who is most likely to respond? Well, since this is about the 100th time I've done one of these and forwarded them on to the same people, I suppose I won't be surprised if NOBODY responds!

27. Who is least likely to respond? See #26

28. Living arrangements? What about them?

29. When was the last time you cried? Crying is for babies. Of course, when I stubbed my toe I had a few tears in my eyes. BUT I DIDN'T CRY OUT LOUD!!!

30. What is on the floor of your closet? The boogey man - that's why I keep the door closed!

31. Who is the friend you have had the longest? Kristy, Chrissi, and Christi ... all from high school!

32. What did you do last night? Took a nap, ate dinner, watched a movie, played on the computer, yelled at the cats to stop attacking each other, talked to Trevor, fell asleep.

34. What (Who) inspires you? God, Trevor, my family and friends, artists

35. What are you afraid of? spiders and the boogey man in my closet!

36. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? cheesy

37. Favorite car? Audi TT or Cadillac Escalade (must be black with tinted windows)

38. Favorite Br
eed of dog? Rotties, but they're a little big to keep indoors. I also love Jack Russells - that will be my next dog. I loved our Salty Dog too ... part Border Collie and part Australian Shepherd.

39. Number of keys on your key ring? 4

40. How many years at your current job? 1.5 years

41. Favorite day of the week? Friday night. I can stay up as late as I want and sleep in on Saturday if I don't have other plans. BTW: Sleeping in is like 8:30 a.m. for me!

42. How many states have you lived in? 3 - State of Confusion, State of Bewilderment, State of Uncertainty

No comments: