They have names - Kai and Bear. They belong to my New Orleans friend and they HATE my cats! The cats have relocated to the basement and even though my sweet husband installed a kitty door going down to the basement they refuse to venture upstairs. Each morning and evening I go downstairs and give them their special food and spend some time with them. Jack seems to have found a cozy spot to sleep, but poor Cleo really wants to brave the fuzzy white beasts at the top of the steps so she can hang out in her room upstairs. Maybe next week ...
I quit watching the news about 2 days ago and I'm feeling much better. I've been doing what I can to help the hurricane victims, but I just couldn't stand watching one more minute of the news. I understand the devastation and that there are people living in the midst of it who can't just "turn off" their situation, but me watching t.v. wasn't helping them either.
HAPPY THOUGHTS:
The weather is finally cooling off. We've had humid free days up in the high 70's to mid 80's. Nothing beats the first signs of fall. Cooler weather, golden yellow sunlight filtering through the autumn leaves. I just love it. It feels good to drive with the windows down. To step outside in the morning and evenings and feel a slight chill in the air. I love the crunching sound of the fallen leaves beneath my shoes. Wrapping up in a warm snuggly sweater and swinging on my front porch swing at the end of the day. The world is so beautiful and serene from my front porch.
My dad is finally out of the hospital! He went home yesterday and I'm sure he's doing way too much work today. While in the hospital he passed the time by either picking on the nurses or thinking of things he needed to do at the house. Most of these things involved his garden that produces WAY too much food for two people. By yesterday the color was back in his cheeks and he was being ornery enough that the doctors said "go, be free, we release you!!!" :) I know my mom is releived to have him home as well.
I am part of a circle journal (scrapbookers will know what i'm talking about) and these women are just awesome. We've been having so much fun with our journals. The group started back in March and it has been such fun getting to know each other through our pictures and journaling. Just this week we have decided to spend a second year together and also to try and meet in person for a weekend. Such a fun group, and such a neat way to connect with other women of all walks of life.
Thats about all I can think of to write about today. I wish you all a Happy Thursday - we've almost reached another weekend. Yippee!!!
Ciao!
Thursday, September 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Heather, what did I miss about your dad? I'm so glad to hear that he is OK.
Your description of fall is so beautiful. I believe the scene from your front porch is awesome.
I'm doing a CJ too. I need to get my entry done to mail by the 15th.
So glad your friend and her pups are safe with you!
Your life just sounds completely beautiful. The way you describle the coming of fall. Wonderful!
I've had to quit watching the news myself. Very depressing.
Take care of yourself, hun!
i agree, the paragraph describing autumn made me so excited for the seasons to change!! :) (taking a bit longer here, though!)
Post a Comment