Daggone Blogger!!! I had this really long post typed and when I hit "post" Blogger went down. ARGH!!! So - here is what I remember from my original post, and a few more details I forgot to mention earlier:
Monday - it dawned bright and early for me. Seems to be following my usual Monday rule of "what can possibly go wrong will go wrong."
3:30 a.m. Awakened by a dog sniffing in my ear. Seems the dogs needed a potty break. I stumbled down the stairs, and out the front door, dogs in tow. Managed to walk through a HUGE spider web (have NO idea where the inhabitant was) and watched in utter disblief as the dogs sniffed a bush, turned around and headed back up the porch stairs to the door. No pee, No poop ... not even a short burst of gas, which I assume I would have seen because it was so friggin cold out there!
4:45 a.m. Awakened by a dog sniffing in my ear. Fearful that maybe this time they REALLY needed to go to the bathroom (we've had a few accidents in various locations in the house since their arrival) I stumbled downstairs and back outside. I managed to avoid the HUGE spiderweb that had miraculously been rebuilt in the short time we were gone - again the inhabitant was nowhere to be seen - Thank GOD! I watched the dogs sniff the same stupid bush, turn around and head back to the door. AAAAAHHHH ... nothing. Upon reentering the house they headed for the kitchen as if they deserved a little early morning treat. NOT!
6:38 a.m. Awakened by a dog sniffing in my ear - is this starting to sound a little familiar - and Trevor having some kind of strange dream. I tell the dog to leave me alone and elbow Trevor in the ribs. I roll over and attempt to go back to sleep only to have visions of doggy destruction in the living room. Finally, I get up and go back downstairs. The dogs are following me to see if they can sucker me into taking them outside again. Yeah, right. That stupid bush has been sniffed enough for one morning. No signs of destruction. I head back upstairs to try and sleep for a few more minutes. Bear joins me in the bed and proceeds to take up the limited space that is available on our queen size mattress.
7:30 a.m. Awakened by the alarm clock spewing forth the Rolling Stones. I hit Trevor and tell him to turn it off. Push the dog away from my ear. What is it with my ear?!
8:00 - 8:30 a.m. Finally get up and head downstairs to feed all the animals. The dogs get their scoop of dry food and water, and the cats their gourmet stinky cat food. As I'm heading down to the Blair Witch basement (gives you some idea of how scary I perceive our basement to be)Cleo slips past me. The dogs catch site of her and the race is on. Cleo streaks past me, climbs the walls in the living room and foyer and finally makes it to safety under the bed upstairs. I had to pull her out by the tail (pretty sure there are claw marks in the wood floor under the bed) and wrap her in a towel so I could take her back to the blair witch basement. She was never so happy to see the concrete floor and unfinished walls of her prison. Poor baby. After consoling her for a bit I went back upstairs and furiously lectured the dogs about proper doggy etiquette. Since they were barking at the basement door they didn't appear to be listening to me... as if barking at the door is going to make a cat magically appear. Yeah, whatever. I'll be lucky if my cats ever emerge from the basement again. (I have this fear that when or if they do come back upstairs they'll resemble moles from having been down there so long. Their whiskers will have grown so they can feel their way around the house ... their eyes will be all squinty. Good Heavens!!)
9:30 a.m. Spend 30 minutes typing an entry on my blog. When I attempt to post aforementioned entry, Blogger chooses that exact moment to hide the server. What the heck?! *SIGH*
Just another typical Monday I suppose. Thank goodness the work day is almost over! I wonder if I can convince Trevor to take me to a movie tonight?
~ciao
Monday, September 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
MAYBE YOU HAD A TASTY TREAT LODGED IN YOUR EAR AND JUST DIDN'T REALIZE IT. : )
umm, maybe our pets were conspiring(sp) against us!! My cat, you know which one, decided at 4 am that he would try to open the blind, then he knocked my journal off my nighstand, then he jumped on the dresser knocking the candles in the floor. Ah, but I had the last laugh, at 11am the little booger had to go to the vet and get shots!! HA HA HA little kitty
Post a Comment