I've been baching it for the last two nights and ironically enough the remote to my television in the bedroom has been missing for the same amount of time. Trevor went on a Men's camping trip with some people from the church and I'm thinking our remote joined him. He must have grabbed it with the pile of clothes on the bed when he was packing. I'm in a quandry. Do I turn on the t.v. without the remote (gasp!!) and search for a channel, or do I forego television upstairs and just camp out in the living room tonight? Problem with the living room is that I would have to haul all my sleep gear downstairs and then take it all back upstairs tomorrow. Plus, the sofa seems to be a favorite doggy bed for the white fuzzy monsters I've been cohabitating with. Also, I found a spider AND a praying mantis downstairs this evening ... do I really want to spend the night in a darkened room with the likes of THOSE critters? Okay - maybe I'm not in a quandry. Maybe I can find a good channel and just fall asleep with the t.v. on. Who knows what might be on in the wee hours of the morning when the dogs wake me up. :)
I'm really not scared of staying home alone, but when Trevor left yesterday for his camping trip I was really sad!! I'm used to him going on overnight trips during the fall and winter,but this time it has been lonely here at the homestead. I've thought about it a bit and have come to the conclusion that it is because I'm not used to him being away during the week. I had to wake up and get ready for work all by myself this morning! Normally we're tripping over each other in our one tiny bathroom, or fighting for the best mirror in the house. Many times he'll fix my coffee for me and then there are the animals. This morning I had the pleasure of feeding 4 dogs and 2 cats, but who's really counting? ;) I planned it out the night before so I could sleep in as long as possible. I got up and fed the cats. Fed the two monsters and went outside to let our dogs out of the pen for a bit (they stay in the pen at night and during the day or they'll escape!), I went back inside with their bowls, went downstairs for their food and fed the cats at that time. Went back upstairs and took the monsters out for a walk. Fixed Sam and Baron's food and took them back to their pen to eat. It had rained so they were already back in their pen. Came back inside and got myself ready for work. Whew... still took me quite a while to accomplish everything. So - I will be very glad when Trevor returns home tomorrow evening. I'm hoping he won't get home too late because it would be nice to hang out and maybe see a movie or something.
Tomorrow I'll be visiting with some relatives who are in town (I just returned from eating dinner with them at my parent's house) and possibly going to the first festival of the season. My little town is hosting their annual apple festival - Funnel cakes, incredible food, face painting, a few old timers flatfooting to the bluegrass music. Antiques, handmade gifts, and much much more. I think there will be plenty of Kodak moments!
Everyone have a wonderful weekend and I'll catch you next week!
~ciao
Friday, September 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I understand the feeling. When my hubbie goes hiking/camping, it just seems more quiet in the house and getting ready in the morning is harder. I feel your pain.
The festival sounds like a blast! I love those kinds of things, next time give me and mikayla a holler and we will join you!!
Post a Comment