- Spent Thursday night with my parents and cut up 4 bushels of apples (to add to the 7 bushels my dad had already cut up)
- Spent all day Friday canning said apples. We made apple sauce and apple butter to divide amongst three families. That was a LOT of work!
- Spent Saturday morning helping my mom so we could spend Saturday afternoon wandering around looking at antiques and enjoying the fall weather. We went to the small town where my dad was born and raised - he shared lots of stories and pointed out places where he used to play and work when he was young. We had lunch at a natural food store where they have a gourmet deli. The soup du jour was split pea and ham... mmmmmm!! It was such a gorgeous day.
- Sunday we went to church and I spent the afternoon with my friend and her son at Target. I found a few pillows to put on our new sofa (woo hoo!!!) that are the same color as the walls. I'm still looking for curtains to jump out at me. :)
- I put our new flannel sheets on our bed and they were COZY!! Love the feel of a flannel sheets in the fall/winter.
So, today is the beginning of a new week and I'm hoping all goes well. Last week was rough!! I hope you all have a great week.
~ciao
3 comments:
It was a busy weekend. yum, care to share those yummy apples? I have a delicious apple pumpkin recipe, I can email it to ya ifer you are interested. I love flannel sheets.
I take it you got your new furniture? Post some pix! Yeah!!
What a wonderful weekend! I want to see your new furniture too!
Post a Comment