Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I'm NOT listening ... la la la la ... NOT listening ...

I'm not hearing the...
incessant ringing of the phone
sirens outside as they speed toward the nursing home down the street
squirrel in the attic wreaking havoc on whatever he can destroy with his claws and teeth
MUSAK playing downstairs - If I concentrate too hard I'll know the song they've ruined
my windows vibrating from the bass blasting from someone's car stereo
rain splashing against the window - it makes me have to pee
"shoulda dones" and "shoulda saids" - I am capable of good comebacks!!
copier jamming and squealing in pain as T rips the 50th jammed piece of paper from its grip
steady ticking of the clock as the hour and minutes close in on the end of another work day
my stomach bemoan the fact that I indulged at lunch and enjoyed a piece of pie. ARGH!
steady thump thump thump of the blood pounding in my head.

~ciao

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I TOLD you you'd get sick of that darn squirrel!! Not so cute now, is he? hee hee : )