Tuesday, October 25, 2005

:Update:

Well, it is Tuesday and my blog is in need of an update. First of all, thanks to all of you who have been so encouraging and kind. Trevor and I appreciate the e-mails and the posts on the blog - they have been bright spots for us.

Now on to the update. We are still jobless. We applied for Unemployment on Monday and they are processing our applications now. We have both filled out several applications and submitted our resume's to several companies. This is all we can do for now. We've decided that we won't take just any job to bring in a little bit of money. We want to get jobs that are stable and fit our specific training. To take just any old job wouldn't be fair to us, or to the employer because we would still continue to look for a better job. We don't want to keep starting over - that is far worse than not having any job.

We still aren't completely sure about why the lay off was so sudden. We have always shared a very close relationship with our boss and her family, and we are saddened to know that they won't be a part of our lives anymore. We could try to keep in touch, but I just don't think the situation will allow for the close relationship we once shared. That is sad on so many levels. Anyway, we have made our peace with the whole situation and have decided not to allow this to make us bitter. There is something out there bigger and better than what we had. As our boss used to say, "one door closes so another one will open." I wholeheartedly agree.

Meanwhile, Trevor has decided to work on a bunch of stuff around the house. With time on our hands we should be able to tackle all the projects that have been on the backburner since we moved into the house. He is calling this little work break an "unexpected vacation." I'm so proud of how he has handled all of this. He, out of both of us, is really the one who was hurt the most. But he has completely stepped back and been the bigger person.

I know I keep repeating myself so I'm going to end on this note. There is nothing so large that God can't take care of it. This job thing is a drop in the bucket for Him - keep reminding me of that when I sound too dismal in my future posts. :)

~ciao

3 comments:

Judah said...

hey girl, you are right God is bigger than this issue. When you are going through h*ll keep going don't stop. Stick to your faith and God will bring you through. Would you like to come over for lunch one day?

Anonymous said...

Heather,
I have to go back and read your last few posts. I'm so sorry you are going through all of this. I had no idea. My computer sometimes locks up when I hit your page because of some kind of Mac incombatibility so I haven't come for more than a week (sorry). I'll read through. I just wanted to say that I admire your strength and grace through this and I KNOW you'll find better opportunities. Enjoy the time with your husband.

Anonymous said...

You guys are awesome, you know that? So is God, I know He's going to take care of you! I'll keep praying! Love ya!