I've been doing a lot of reading, writing, and submitting resume's and applications. Still jobless, but I'm feeling a bit more at peace about things. I read an excellent book called "Where is God When I'm Suffering" (or something like that) and it was so good I finished it in about a day. And that was mostly evening readings! Basically it was a book of encouragement for people who are going through a rough time, be it sickness, loss of a loved one, loss of job, financial problems ... it really helped me put some things into perspective. I'm still working on some negative feelings, but I suppose that is to be expected.
We've been staying at my parent's house while they're on a trip with some members of their church. They've been planning this for almost 6 months. So, with that in mind, let me share a little story with you:
My mom and dad went to bed early on Monday night so they could get up Tuesday at 4:30 a.m. in order to meet their church group at the church by 5:30 a.m. They were taking a bus trip to Myrtle Beach to catch a few shows, doing a little shopping, lots of eating ... the whole Baptist thing. :) They were to be gone Tues, Wed., & return Thurs. evening. Well, at 6:00 a.m. on Tuesday morning, I awoke to the sound of voices. My parent's voices to be exact. I was so confused because I KNEW I'd heard them leave a little over an hour earlier. I got out of bed and walked down the hallway where I found my mom. "What happened?!" I asked, with an odd look on my face. "Oh, well, ummm ... we actually leave tomorrow morning, not today" she replied with a shrug of her shoulders and a sheepish grin on her face. They'd gone all the way over to the church and sat in the church parking lot until after the designated departure time. And NOBODY ELSE showed up. At that point they suspected something as wrong. Hmmmm ... you think? Needless to say, Wednesday morning was a bit like Tuesday - only they really did leave. My poor parents - so glad they're able to take time to travel and enjoy themselves. At least it was only a bus trip and not an airplane ... the airports are MUCH further away than the church.
And that is the update on my life. I hope all of you had a wonderful Halloween. I checked out Carrie's blog and it looks like they had a blast!! Check out her children's costumes - her son looks like Obi Wan!! And check out April's family of pumpkins. Daddy punkin is eating the baby punkin ... how Halloweenie! :) We didn't have any tricksters or treaters ... but I'm not surprised, given my parent's live way out in the middle of nowhere.
~ciao
No comments:
Post a Comment