Friday, October 28, 2005

Grateful - Edited 11:00 pm

In keeping with the positive thoughts - here are a few "gratefuls" for today:

1. Spending the entire afternoon with my mom yesterday while Trevor helped my dad work on their new garage.

2. The old furniture from our living room is finally gone - although I was beginning to like it in our front foyer!

3. Beautiful fall weather. The crunchy leaves under foot. The crisp cool morning air. Enjoying a cup of coffee on the front porch.

4. My nephew, Zain, showing me how he climbs the "big tree", which is really a little tree next to a big tree. I suppose the little tree is the "big tree" and the big tree is the "giant tree" to him.

5. E-mails from my friends (although, right now our home e-mail account is messed up, so I can only receive and not respond!!!! Something to do with my Windows 2000 upgrade. ARGH!)

6. Being available to help friends move.

7. Spending extra time with Trevor.

8. Our comfy cozy home with our furry critters inside and out.

9. The smell of chimney smoke wafting through the air - we had our first frost Wednesday night. It looked like snow on the ground

10. Watching my dogs wrestle around in the yard - they crack me up! Baron looks like Tigger as he leaps over Sam's back and tries to tackle her to the ground.

11. Blog comments from my friends. Thanks for your encouragement and prayers Carrie, Krisp, and April. :)

EDITED TO ADD:

12. Date night with my hubby. He took me to see "Elizabethtown" this evening. There were several profound moments where Trevor and I just looked at each other and said "see, we're not the only ones!" So if you've seen the movie you'll know what I'm talking about. If you haven't seen the movie, then I say go for it. The soundtrack is absolutely amazing. The kind of music you want to put into the cd player of your car, roll the windows down and just drive.

13. Finally getting the wireless keyboard and mouse hooked up on this computer. Next thing I tackle is the e-mail fiasco. Anyone have a copy of MS Office 2000 I can borrow?! :)

~HMB

2 comments:

Judah said...

This blog put a smile on my face. Philipians 4:8. continue to think on what is true, noble, right, praise worthy!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for good stuff!
thanks for the music recommendation. I hardly ever get to go see grown up movies, but I'll look for it on DVD in a few months. Maybe I'll treat myself to the music CD.

I hope your Monday is wonderful and you continue to acknowledge your blessings. Thanks for the reminder!