I was reading THIS blog and thought I'd take her challenge to share 5 things that made me smile this week ... In no particular order:
1. My job interview on Wednesday morning - it went so well I was offered a job before the day was out.
2. My dogs wrestling around in the back yard. I swear people probably think we live in Jurrasic Park... these dogs are huge and they play loudly. They're such happy pups rolling around the yard leaping and tripping over one another.
3. This memory: When I was little my parents used to take us to visit my great grandmother (my dad's grandmother), Granny H. She lived with her daughter, my dad's mom, and we'd spend the weekends visiting with my dad's side of the family. Granny H had a glass eye and all the grandchildren were very curious about it. We always knew there was something different about that one unblinking blue eye that could only "look" in one direction. One visit, shortly after Granny H had passed away, my cousins and I were in her room snooping around (as young kids will do). We found a little box that must have been a cardboard version of Pandora's Box, because the desire to peek inside the box was just too much for us kids to handle. With very little coaxing from his cousins, my younger cousin Jonathan slowly opened the box. Imagine our surprise and shrieks of HORROR when we looked into the box and found an EYE, a BROWN eye, gazing back at us. Turns out, Granny had a "spare eye" that hadn't been buried with her. Poor Jonathan dropped the box and the eye rolled out onto the floor. All the cousins unanimously agreed that since Jonathan was the one who opened, and subsequently dropped the box, he would have to pick up the eye and put it back in the box. And if he didn't ... we were gonna tell on him!!! :)
4. Admiring my sparkling house - it has never been so clean or felt so comfortable. I gotta give credit where credit is due ... Thanks Fly Lady!!!
1. My job interview on Wednesday morning - it went so well I was offered a job before the day was out.
2. My dogs wrestling around in the back yard. I swear people probably think we live in Jurrasic Park... these dogs are huge and they play loudly. They're such happy pups rolling around the yard leaping and tripping over one another.
3. This memory: When I was little my parents used to take us to visit my great grandmother (my dad's grandmother), Granny H. She lived with her daughter, my dad's mom, and we'd spend the weekends visiting with my dad's side of the family. Granny H had a glass eye and all the grandchildren were very curious about it. We always knew there was something different about that one unblinking blue eye that could only "look" in one direction. One visit, shortly after Granny H had passed away, my cousins and I were in her room snooping around (as young kids will do). We found a little box that must have been a cardboard version of Pandora's Box, because the desire to peek inside the box was just too much for us kids to handle. With very little coaxing from his cousins, my younger cousin Jonathan slowly opened the box. Imagine our surprise and shrieks of HORROR when we looked into the box and found an EYE, a BROWN eye, gazing back at us. Turns out, Granny had a "spare eye" that hadn't been buried with her. Poor Jonathan dropped the box and the eye rolled out onto the floor. All the cousins unanimously agreed that since Jonathan was the one who opened, and subsequently dropped the box, he would have to pick up the eye and put it back in the box. And if he didn't ... we were gonna tell on him!!! :)
4. Admiring my sparkling house - it has never been so clean or felt so comfortable. I gotta give credit where credit is due ... Thanks Fly Lady!!!
5. Watching our friend's daughter, Savannah, crawl up on Trevor's lap to hang out and watch t.v. At one point she was trying to twirl his hair around her finger ... only he doesn't have much hair because he keeps it cut short. Savannah has Mr. Trevor wrapped around her little finger though ... and he sure does think she's a cutie.
So there you have it. 5 things that caused me to pause and smile during the course of the week. Did you happen to catch my #1? I'll give more details tomorrow.
~HMB
2 comments:
Congrats on the job with the firm on the move!!
Have you seen Big Fish? There is lady in there with a glass eye.
Thanks for sharing your 5 smiles. They sure did make me smile!!
Yeah!!!!!!
I'm so happy for you. I hope you are too! Can't wait to hear more details. Thanks for sharing your five happy things. I love reading about the little things that make people happy....that in itself makes me happy.
OK,I've had the FlyLady on my mind and your acknowledgment of her may just push me over the edge to get on her system. Hmmmmm...
Post a Comment