Okay, for some of you more technologically advanced bloggers, you might find this a little sad. But, I finally figured out how to post to my blog from my imac!!! I love my little laptop and have it next to my bed most evenings before I go to bed, but I couldn't figure out how to get into my blogger account because my Mac wasn't compatible with blogger. Well ... I guess it just isn't compatible with Explorer ... why didn't that occur to me? So now I'm using Safari and I love it. Geez, I've only had this computer for three years and it only took me this long to figure out it isn't compatible with Microsoft products. DOH!!! I can be so slow sometimes. Anyway - now I'll be able to post more often.
Last night Trevor and I decided to "preview" "March of the Penguins" before we purchased it as one of my mom's Christmas gifts. Well ... we were SORELY disappointed. We both decided we could have watched a better show on Animal Planet. I normally love documentaries, but for some reason this one just didn't appeal to me. Now, give us an evening watching the show "Dirty Jobs" and we're happy. :)
I'm about 3 weeks (almost 2 full weeks) into my new job and I am absolutely thrilled to be back in the workforce. I love the legal work, the copier is my best friend (thank GOD it has the ability to copy, print, e-mail, and speak on command ... no, just kidding. It doesn't speak. It does do the other stuff though), my co-workers are so kind, and I really like the two attorneys that I support. One is a partner and the other is an associate - who happens to have an identical twin brother working at the same firm. I feel like I'm using my brain again, which is something I think I've missed since I moved to Roanoke.
Christmas shopping is minimal this year. We're giving gift cards and that is it. We decided it was easier to just give some "money" to a specific store and let everyone pick out their own gifts. This is the first year I haven't had to purchase gift wrap. It is a little sad, but we also decided we want to simplify Christmas this year and celebrate the true meaning of the season.
Originally we didn't have anything scheduled for this week, but now it seems we something every night this week. We have an "adopted" son (18 years old!) who we are taking out for dinner tomorrow night, Friday we're finishing up any shopping that hasn't been completed, and then we're heading down to my parent's house. Saturday night we have a dinner party with some friends and then it is back to my parent's house to help finish up any last minute wrapping. Sunday we open gifts and we'll probably attend church with my mom and dad.
So - that is about it. If I don't get to update before Christmas, I wish you all a very merry Christmas full of the spirit of the season.
God Bless,
HMB
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Merry Christmas to you too. Missed you monday night. Glad to hear things are going well!! Have a blessed weekend!
Post a Comment