I have been remiss in updating my blog this week! I'm sure I could come up with millions of excuses, but the best one is simply this. Working full time after having weeks off from work has left me exhausted! Not that it has been a hard week, because it has been fun and exciting, but because I've been up at the crack of dawn and using my brain for a change. :)
Christmas is right around the corner and we have a few more things to do in order to get ready. I'm making gifts this year, and tomorrow I'm finishing up the stamping project my mom and I decided to make. We're giving out ... oh, wait ... I can't say anything! I'll post pictures after the holidays.
Last night we had our church Christmas Dinner and it was so cute. Typical church dinner/banquet type thing, but it was really fun and the food was great. The youth served the adults - and let me tell you I felt really old when they came around asking if we wanted drinks or anything else to eat ... "ma'am". It was served family style, and we had an opportunity to hang out at a table with our dearest friends, Clif and Leigh Ann, and a new "older" couple. It was interesting. Clif and Leigh Ann are always enjoyable and we spend lots of time together. The other couple was the interesting part. I was introduced to the husband - who resembled a leprechaun in his green attire, green hat with a feather, and bushy eyebrows (hereafter known as Mr. Personality) and when I asked how he was doing he answered "learning and growing, how about you?" A little taken aback I replied "the same, thank you." He then launched into a lecture about how everyone has some standard response to the "how are you" question, and that he enjoys throwing people off by coming up with different answers. He considers himself quite witty - I found him a bit irritating. From that point on I think he brought up every controversial subject he could think of. From the corrupt legal system (when he learned I just started working at a law firm) to the "me me me" Christmas letters from kids to Santa that are printed in the newspaper. How Santa is the epitome of selfishness and kids have turned into greedy little people (leprechauns?!) because of our jolly overweight friend. He wanted everyone's opinion on a subject, and then he would contradict us or play devil's advocate when we spoke our opinions. For example, my poor friend, Leigh Ann (who is the most unselfish person I know) was excited to see the pictures of her preschooler Sunday School class on the front of the program that was handed out. When she commented about her preschoolers, Mr. Personality jumped at the opportunity to let her know that her attitude was a prime example of the "all about me" attitude prevalent throughout our society. Because she said "my preschoolers are so cute." Because she said "my". I guess he missed that last part that threw the emphasis on the cute preschoolers. Leigh Ann must be a product of the "Santa Claus generation" run amuck. At any rate, our dinner conversation sure kept us entertained.
Today Trevor and I are spending the day at home. Not doing much, but we sure have plenty to do. It is nice to have a day to just hang out and be lazy. I hope all of you are enjoying the season and relaxing a bit!
~HB
1 comment:
She's back!! I missed you!!
Poor Leigh Ann. Some people just say the stupidest things. And it seems the stupid people are every where during Christmas. Oh well. You did not know you were getting dinner and entertainment, lol!!
Glad to see an update on your blog!!
Post a Comment