I am completely drained. This has been such an exciting and EARLY morning week for me! I spent all of yesterday in training learning how to use the firm's computer system.
Today I took the tour of 3 floors and met almost every Partner, Associate, Paralegal, Secretary and Receptionist. I actually did some work for my own 2 attorneys.
I had lunch with a very sweet and kind secretary who has helped make the last two days feel less overwhelming. I bonded technologically with the crazy copier/scanner/printer machine that can create pdf documents, send them to my e-mail account to be turned into word docs or forms.
I helped submit pleadings to an out of state court via electronic filing.
I think I'm in a state of blissful exhaustion. Two days of being inundated with information will give me plenty to process this weekend. Monday morning I'm sure I'll leap out of bed in anticipation, don my fancy business apparel, and speed off to the office to begin my first FULL week of work. But for now I'm depleted of energy. Ready to put on my warmy flannel pajamas and veg in front of the television.
Happy Friday everyone! Have a wonderful weekend.
~HMB
Friday, December 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So glad you got this job, it truly sounds like it is where you are meant to be, will be praying for your first full week!!
I hope you love this job. It sounds like you will have no problem jumping right in. I hope this week is fantastic for you! How exciting!
Post a Comment