Sunday, January 08, 2006

Organizing Tips Anyone?

I just received my copy of "The Big Picture" by Stacy Julian. I'm so excited!! I've only browsed through the first few pages, but I already know I'm going to love it! I'm hoping this will give me the kick in the butt I need to start scrapbooking again. I've not done much of anything for weeks. Anyway, I will try to write a review of the book so those of you who don't have it can decide whether or not you want to check it out.

I've had a case of the blahs this weekend. I started feeling kind of icky on Friday and Saturday I felt awful. Today was church and then I came home and took another nap this afternoon. I guess I just needed to get some rest - I started an exercise routine in the mornings, so I've been getting up earlier than normal. I suppose my body is still adjusting to the new healthy lifestyle I'm trying to impose on it.

So, while I lots of things I wanted to do this weekend, I had no motivation to do anything. Now I'm irritated that I haven't gotten anything done because next week I'll have double the amount of things to do. And less time to do them! Am I the only person who gets this way? I read so many other blogs and everyone seems so organized or running 100 miles an hour getting things accomplished. There are days when I struggle to get a load of laundry done! I envy these women who are so organized and such good moms and wives. Once I started back to work it threw my whole flylady organization skills off. She doesn't seem to take the working wife/mother into consideration with her organizing schdule. My husband has his own list of things he wants to get done, so my stuff has to wait to get done until the evening or on the weekends. I wish there was another way. I've invested in a Day Timer - which is something I do every year. It helps with my list making and keeping up with weekly appointments and my addresses, but now I need something to help organize the other parts of my life. If any of you have ideas I'm open to suggestions. Carrie's blog is amazing. She's always organizing something, cooking something yummy, organizing some type of project, and being creative. Carrie, if you're out there reading this, send advice!! :)

Have a great week!

HMB

1 comment:

Judah said...

I had to unsubscribe to the flylady because I got behind that week I was sick!!
I feel the same way you do, some days I get so lazy or just want to rest but then the next week I am running around like crazy with no time to do anything!!