Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Routines

Take about 30 days to establish ...

That would be 30 days of forcing myself to wake up at an unGodly hour to mock the frenzied exercise nazi as she chirps at me to "kick those feet," "bend that knee ... point the heel, not the toe!" and my favorite "You can do it, lets give this last round our ALL!" For crying out loud, it is way too early for me to suffer through something like an exercise routine led by Barbie, let alone give it my "ALL!" She's lucky to get a half-hearted attempt out of me. Oh how I yearn for the days of wonton gluttony (youth), eating and drinking whatever I desired ... and having the metabolism to burn off the unnecessaries!

But ... for 30 days I will suffer, and then I'll have a routine. I will crave my exercises. It will be part of my daily habits ... along with grooming my eyebrows, brushing my teeth, and peeing (whether I have to or not) before I leave for work.

Wish me luck!

HMB

4 comments:

CarrieB said...

Wow Heather. I'm impressed! I can't work out in the morning. I can barely speak. I can only blog.

Good luck!

Judah said...

WOW!! You go girl!! I am trying to get into that same routine, you know. I have a fun workout DVD. Yoga Booty Ballet. IT is quite fun. Good luck girlfriend, looking forward to seeing you thursday!

Anonymous said...

More power to ya.

Anonymous said...

Does sitting up to hit the snooze button 10 times a morning count as an excercise routine??