After a full day of filing documents,stuffing folders for a big presentation and picking up my car from the shop, I met my friends April and Emily, for a nice cuppa joe at our local B&N. It was good to spend the evening visiting with my friends and April's 1 year old daughter, Mikayla. She is the cutest little thing. Bright too! She is learning sign language and can sign "more," "all done," and "good bye" (I know she signs more than that, but those are the only things she signed to me tonight.) She makes the funniest faces too. Emily has a cold (I hope you're feeling better Emily - keep reading for a good remedy!!) and when she sniffed, Mikayla would look at her with an odd look on her face and then growl. It was so funny. Anyway, I don't get to see these gals nearly enough, so it was fun to catch up on life and spend a few hours vegging over a warm drink.
Speaking of colds ... Trevor and I are still fighting the crud that took a hold of us last weekend. We keep seeing this advertisement for "Shower Soother" tablets to help loosen up your chest and nose so you can sleep better. Every time we see the commercial we say "we should try those," but we forget to buy them when we're at the store. Well, when I got home this evening I found a box of the Shower Soothers on our counter. I just finished my shower using a shower soother, and it was awesome! The tablet took a while to melt, but when it started melting I felt like I was bathing with a bottle of Vicks vapor rub. Talk about potent! When I was little I loved using Vicks, now I remember why. My sinuses and chest feel so much better. The down side is that once I got out of the shower the vapor effects quickly evaporated. I still feel good, but the vapor smell and sensation are gone. I do recommend them to anyone who is feeling as congested and stuffy as we've been feeling.
And before I forget. I finished the Big Picture Scrapbooking book by Stacy Julian. It is SSSOOOO good! I love it. I have a feeling this book will be one that I refer back to again and again. She has such a way of putting things into perspective. So often I get completely overwhelmed by the amount of "work" I have to do on my scrapbooks that I never get started. I can't figure out where to begin, and it turns into a big ordeal, so I just give up. I hate that about myself. So, with this book in mind I am going to start scrapbooking again and try to forget about the overwhelming stack of pictures sitting in my picture box. The best part is that I now realize I don't have to scrapbook every picture. Some pictures weren't meant for a scrapbook!! So, if you don't have this book I highly recommend it to you. It is an easy read, full of clever ideas, and the format will keep your attention. Lots of little pockets, fun journaling ideas, and insight into the life of a scrapbook artist.
So - with all that information in mind I bid you good night. I'm off to bed with a clear head, chest and nose. How's that for a sales pitch?!
HMB
Thursday, January 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks for the info. I will have to go purchase some. Had a great time last night.
That is my problem too, I tend to scrapbook more photos than I need to.
I had a great time yesterday as well. It was great to laugh again about Emily's snorting and Mikayla's growling!! HA! You are right we don't do it enough! I still can't beleive I walked out of there without a book!
glad you had a fun night :)
i want this book so badly...along with about 30 others. :D
Oh Heather thank you for the review. I'm sad to admit that I have not read the book cover to cover. I've read good chunks, but always with the intention to go back and really absorb it! You described the book perfectly. I need to go back and pull it out and start scrapbooking again!
So glad you had a fun night with your girlfriends. Isn't that the best!
Hope you feel better!
Post a Comment