Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Life

I don't have much to say, but I felt the need to check in and say hello to all my blog buddies. There isn't much going on lately. Work and trying to get over this cold stuff that has been hanging on for the last three weeks. It seems like Trevor's cold is coming back, poor guy.

My niece is coming to stay with us this weekend and we're going to a luncheon being held by parents who have adopted children foreign and locally. Trevor and I have always thought we'd like to adopt a child at some point in our lives. Several families in our church have adopted children and we were invited to attend this lunch as a way to meet other adoptive parents and hear their stories. It sounded interesting and informative. Most of the children who have been adopted within this group are from China, so this lunch is to celebrate the Chinese New Year.

Last night I was so irritated with myself. I've been doing a Precepts Bible Study on Abraham for the past 4 weeks. If you are familiar with Precepts you know that these studies are homework intensive and VERY in depth. I've been doing these studies (not just Abraham) for over a year and we meet on Tuesday nights. For whatever reason, I walked out of the house yesterday and left all of my homework and my Bible sitting on the table. A week's worth of homework ... and I was the only one in the class without my books. ARGH!!!! Aside from my general irritation about forgetting my books at home, I am really loving this study. This last week's lesson was pretty disturbing and eye opening to me. I had so many questions and had written them down in my notebook to share with the class. *sigh* If you ever decide you want to learn more about the Bible and if you like to study and learn, I highly recommend these Bible studies to you.

Anyway, there isn't much else to talk about. Work, sleep, work, sleep ... which is what I'm ready to do now.

Have a wonderful week!

HMB

3 comments:

mindi11 said...

i've been missing your updates! hope all is well :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to see an update. I am doing hte Believing God study with Emily. IT has been so awesome and so eye opening as well. To really sit back and think, am I truly believing God.
Hope you get to feeling better soon. Do you sound like Emily did htat night we meet at B&N?

Anonymous said...

Need to catch up with you again soon. Glad you gave us an update. Would love to hear about the luncheon.
Feel better soon. We still have a lot of snot at our house too.