Well, I thought I was past the unable to eat certain foods stage, but it was reaffirmed last night that I definitely cannot eat Italian Food from the Olive Garden. Pizza doesn't count because I think the crust counteracts the other stuff. Anyway, I ask myself "is it the garlic?" or "is it all that creamy parmesean cheese in the Alfredo sauce?" or perhaps "it's the 5 garlic breadsticks I couldn't resist from shoveling into my mouth over the course of the evening." Regardless, I have resorted myself to the knowledge that for a while longer I won't be able to eat the wonderful goodness at Olive Garden. My stomach is a wreck today!!! So bad that I even stayed home from work hoping to recouperate by tomorrow. I hate taking sick days off from work - unless I'm truly dying I would rather be at my desk being productive. But not today. Not feeling the way I feel. And I'm pretty sure poor little Tristen, the alien child living in my stomach, must be feeling the results of my poor culinary choice as well. Sorry Tristen!!
I haven't posted in a while (big surprise) but I thought I'd go ahead and update this poor blog while I have a free afternoon.
Trevor is back in Georgia at training for his job. He will be back next week and hopefully this is the last trip away from home that he'll have to take. He's really enjoying his job and is very excited about getting out of the training phase and getting his "full time" status. I say this with a bit of sarcasm since he works 6 days a week as a trainee. Once he is out of the training phase he will receive better pay and better benefits. So, we're hoping that sometime this month or next month he'll be marked up to full time status. Until then, he's getting along with the other people well and his supervisors recognize his potential. Trevor just wants to blow the horn on the train. :)
Tristen is kicking and moving around quite a bit these days. And not just because I had Italian food last night either. When I lay down at night he really starts moving around. Feels like there are a bunch of butterflies in my stomach trying to break free. It is the strangest and wildest feeling I've ever had. Sometimes when my buddy Jack (my cat) lays on my stomach Tristen starts moving around like crazy. Most people would find that feeling exhilerating, I find it unnerving. I make Jack move because I'm afraid he's smothering the kid, and also because the movement is so intense it just freaks me out. I know, I'm strange. But, I am starting to adjust to this whole pregnancy thing. I'm handling it much better and finding that it isn't as horrible as I thought it would be. I can't wait to meet Tristen. I'm 5 months 1 week along... if time keeps flying the way it has been this summer, this child is going to be here before we know it! We have so much to do to get ready!
On the scrapbooking front - I finally finished the last of the circle journals from our group that was formed last March. It was such a good feeling to get those last journals out the door. I received mine back last month and was a little behind sending the ones I had to work on to the next person. I have decided not to participate in another round because I feel like I need to focus more on creating a baby book for our own family. If I overcommit myself in the creative realm I am afraid I'll just get overwhelmed and not accomplish anything. So - today, since I'm off from work, I'm going to start scanning ultrasound pictures and get busy creating. I can't wait to get started. I stocked up on a few new creative books to help get me in the mood and hopefully spark some of my creative juices that have been noticeably gone since the beginning of this year. I hate not playing in my scrap room, and time is limited since that is the room we're converting into Tristen's room.
With a deadline looming overhead, I'm trying to clean out and reorganize my craft stuff and find a place to put it where I can access it whenever I want without having to drag it out to our dining room table. I'm hoping to find a nice corner and install a few shelves, etc. Our house has such odd rooms though, that finding an adequate space with proper lighting is a bit difficult. We'll see how it goes!
Well, I've updated enough. It is time for me to get busy working on something. The house could use some cleaning and I need to think about this baby book I'm making. My next doctor's appointment is August 15th. I'm not sure what happens at this appt., but hopefully they'll start measuring and keeping track of how big this kid is going to be.
Take good care my friends. Emily and April, can't wait to have a fru fru drink and a scone (or Brownie!!) with you next week.
HMB
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i'm so glad everything is going well for your family.
we're good, i'm somewhere between 19-21 weeks, i'm thinking closer to 21, b/c i felt the baby's kicks VERY early. much much earlier than the other two, so i'm thinking it's probably b/c we don't know our due date.
my insurance mess is finally sorted out, so hopefully i can get an appointment this coming week. i am so curious as to what it is. it kind of feels like a girl to me, but what do i know?
talk to you soon! and i totally wish i was closer, i would love to do newborn pics for you! how fun would that be?? :)
Now, Italian was all I would eat as well as Chick-fil-A. But I could not eat anything or smell a subway! Yuck. Still can't eat there!!
Can't wait for fru-fru night!!
Wow! I always thought that would be the coolest thing, to feel that baby moving around inside you. I can't wait to see pictures!!
Post a Comment