Friday, August 04, 2006

{just for fun ...}

We have a beautiful (or is handsome the proper word?!) front porch friend. This little fella has been hanging around on our front porch for days now:




We know that it belongs to our redneck trashy neighbors (I can say that because it is the absolute truth) who never take care of their animals. I'm trying not to get attached, but every morning when I peek outside and see it lounging on my front porch mat I get all mushy inside. When I return home in the evening and see it splayed out on the porch watching and waiting for me, I feel a little sad and a twinge of guilt. Needless to say, I've started feeding it and we have become pretty good friends. I keep wondering what we're going to do when cold weather arrives and it is still outside on the front porch?! It is definitely an outdoor cat, but I don't want it to get cold or sick. I'm such a sucker when it comes to animals...



On another note, I've been playing with my digi camera and decided to take a few pictures of some sunflowers I planted this past spring. They really turned out pretty, but the picture didn't turn out as good as I'd hoped it would. Anyway, aren't sunflowers such happy looking flowers? Did you know they attract HUNDREDS of honey bees?? I didn't know that. I always thought they just produced birdseed! :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

H

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a sucker for animals.

Judah said...

That is the cutest cat!! I am a sucker with ya!!
Your flowers look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm - bummer you don't have a "summer kitchen" or an enclosed porch for the little guy! My girlfriend owns a farm and has a host of farm cats that come calling as well! Great to see you blog - fun way to KIT!

Shay

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, he's a pretty kitty! Maybe you could get him a little kitty bed to put on the front porch and pile it with some old blankets for the winter?
I LOVE your sunflowers!! Those are the happiest flowers! I hate when their heads start to bend down though, then they look sad! : )