Have you ever just needed to focus on something positive to try and drown out the demons in your head? The past few weeks have been rough for me. For reasons known and unknown I have been an emotional disaster. I hate feeling like my life is out of control and that things are unraveling right in front of me. So, to help ease my mind and try to recapture some peace, I've been writing down daily gratitudes and prayer verses.
One of my gratitudes is that I have my faith and a strong relationship with the Lord. Even when I'm at my worst and feeling like a failure, I know that God still loves me and considers me a worthy investment. He never leaves my side, even when I stray from His. He is just a prayer away.
Over the past couple of weeks I've been battling some inner demons. The kind that run around and wreak havoc on your mind and heart. They're torture I tell ya! Part of this I'm sure is hormonal, but a huge chunk of it isn't. I don't want to live with this fear inside me, so I've been looking for special verses to pray over and try to incorporate into my daily life. The one that stands out the most is from my mom. Romans 15:13. Another, which is one of my all time favorites that I read over and over again, is Phil. 4:8. (Hope I'm getting these right!!)
Something that I was reminded of is that I am not in control of my life. Things happen. People aren't perfect and life isn't fair. But through God's grace I can forgive, love, and move past the hurts and pain and still enjoy life! I can hand my sorrows and fears over to the Lord and He will carry them for me. This week - that is what I've been trying to do. Release some things that I just can't control. Give the Lord my burdens and pray that they will be resolved one way or another.
Maybe none of this makes sense to those of you reading my entry. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that is uncertain and insecure! But then again, maybe some of you have had your own experiences that have caused you to worry (fret) and walk in fear. If so, would you mind sharing your special verse with me?
I hope this post isn't too gloomy - I'm just trying to keep it real and describe where I'm at these days. I'm sure by next week I'll have a post about sunflowers or something, but for today, this is what I'm thinking and feeling.
Have a great weekend and be sure to post some verses!
HMB
Friday, August 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is something I have to do daily, hand it all over to God.
I understand your fear, here are some verses..
Joshua 1:9
Galatians 6:9
Mark 9:24
Psalm145:18
Isaiah 54:10
2 TImothy 1:12(I read this every morning)
We reflect who we believe our God to be
Beth Moore
April sure named some good ones, I'm going to add my favorite, Isaiah 41:10
Post a Comment