I posted about my friend Kristy a while back, but this is a special post especially for her. She is missing the fall weather and foliage and asked me to send her some pictures - which I am going to do!! But, I can't do that without first giving some background information about my gal Krispy. :) Lifelong friendships are rare, and I'm so glad to have her as my lifelong friend!
She is my very best friend in the whole world. We met on a church youth retreat and it was instant friendship. She loved Duran Duran and vampires just like me. Ha! I lovingly dubbed her "Krispy Kritter" back in high school and in return she started calling me "heifer". Every summer Kristy would go to California to live with her dad and his family, and she would return to Virginia to live with her mom and step-monster just in time to enjoy a few good days of summer before school started again. I hated those long summer! After we graduated from high school Kristy moved to California to live with her dad - and there she remains to this day (only she doesn't live with her dad anymore - she's married). Here's a humiliating picture from our early years that I still giggle about. My hair was growing out after having it shaved in the back and on the side for a number of years. Kristy had just returned from California and was sporting her new doo and looking pretty West Coast alternative. During those days we loved black clothes, writing depressing poetry and listening to groups like The Cure, Depeche Mode, 10,000 Maniacs, The Cult, and all those other 80's bands.

Over the years we've managed to keep in touch and see each other on the rare occasion. About 7 years ago was one such occasion. Kristy came back to Virginia to visit for her step-monster's 50th birthday party. She invited me to come down and hang out with her for the weekend and I happily obliged. We hadn't seen each other in about 8 years. When I walked through the door of her mom and step-dad's house her aunt greeted me with "wow, that didn't take you long at all!" I had no clue what she was talking about. Until she looked at me again and said "well, you're not Kristin, who are you?" I explained that I was an old friend and was there to visit Kristy. About that time Kristy walked through the door and all we could do was laugh in amazement. Even after all our years apart it seemed we still had like minds.
This is the picture that was taken from that day all those years ago:

Can you see the resemblance? :)
And I've saved the best picture for last...
This picture was taken at her step-dad's birthday party and is a very special picture to me. This is how I will always remember Krispy's mom - her sweet smile and funny personality. She loved us so much - even when we were bad. :) She never understood why we laughed so much when we were around her - she just gave us so much to laugh about!!Krispy - this picture is for you.
I have other pictures I could post, but Blogger won't allow it. I'll have to save them for another day when I'm taking a trip down memory lane. Until then - Krispy, check out the next post.
Heif
No comments:
Post a Comment