Saturday, October 21, 2006

Fall in Roanoke

Here are a couple of pictures from this week - the leaves are quickly falling to the ground and I haven't found any spectacular shots to take. These will have to do for now and I'll scout out some new ones this weekend.

This is the view from my office. I took the picture from my parking space on the top deck of the parking garage at work - If you look closely you will see a large star up on the mountain. This star is what put Roanoke on the map (seriously!!) and is the reason our beautiful town is referred to as "the star city." At night it lights up red white and blue. When I was little and we came down here to visit our grandparents we always knew we were "almost there" when we saw the star.

This picture is of a beautiful tree that I pass all the time on my way home from work. It is gorgeous all year round, but especially this time of year. I wish it was in my yard!!


Hope you enjoy the pictures. I will try to take more this weekend. Now I'm off to make some beef stew for a couple at church. I may even pull out the vacuum cleaner and hit the upstairs. Tonight I'm heading out with some friends from work - we're going out for Chinese food and an Icee from Target. Love these gals who make me laugh all the time and keep me sane at the office.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Judah said...

beautiful photos. I love the fall time.