Wednesday, November 29, 2006

38 weeks

Today was our 38th week appt. They did another ultrasound to determine how the baby is positioned and take a peek at how he's doing. I'd say pretty well considering they told us he weighs around 8 LBS!!! Holy crap! The last we heard it was oh, 6.5 to 7 lbs. - he must have been enjoying the turkey and stuffing as much as I did at Thanksgiving! :) Anyway, here is a 4D picture of his face - I doubt you'll be able to figure out what's what, but maybe you can. He looks a little squished ... ya think?! Can you see his face/cheeks, lips and eyes?



The doctor said I've dilated to 3 cm, and it is just a waiting game now. I'm due on the 10th, but I could go into labor at any time between now and then. If not, then we'll talk about inducing. I'm hoping the kid cooperates - and maybe even decides he wants to get to know us a little earlier than the 10th. I'm at the miserable stage of pregnancy. Nothing is comfortable, nothing fits, the bed is lumpy (or is it me?!) and I want my body to at least begin its return to normalcy. I also have a pretty nasty cold, so not being able to breath has been pretty miserable as well.

Lets see - all other areas of the checkup went well. I've pretty much maintained my weight for the past 3 or 4 appointments. I'm sure I gained a little over Thanksgiving, but not too much. My stats are fine, the baby's heart rate is perfect. The nurse who did the sonogram was going over each body part, including heart chambers, kidneys, brain, bladder, etc., and Trevor made sure she checked one more time for that magic manly body part. He was happy to hear that the penis is still intact. HA!

That's about it I suppose. I am looking forward to posting some actual pictures of Tristen sometime soon. I really think he is going to resemble Trevor - I've been staring at the sonogram pictures of him and can see some similar bone structure. We'll see what part of him resembles me.

Over and Out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute!! Love the chubby cheeks. Can't wait to meet him

Anonymous said...

I love the 4D pics. We don't have any like that of our kids.