I don't know if any of you click on the links to the right of my blog, but there is one I've just added that is definitely worth checking out. It is Jaymun Kaat's "blog" that his parents created. Jaymun is a baby who was born with some form of cancer (the blog tells you all about it) and he has been undergoing some serious treatments over the past few months. As it turns out, his older brother, Devon, actually tested positive to be a bone marrow doner for Jaymun. This past week the transplant took place - now they just have to wait and see what happens. Devon is Jaymun's hero in every sense of the word, but I wonder if he knows just how much of a hero he is to those around him who know of his bravery? He's saving his baby brother's life!
If you have a few moments, please take the time to check out this little guy's blog. He is absolutely adorable and has the sweetest smile you'll ever see. His brother, Devon, is such a brave little person as well. Their story is something that makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time. The entire family has such a love for the Lord and they are leaning on their faith to get through this time of crisis. Their future is uncertain, yet they continue to believe in their son's healing and enjoy the time God has given them together.
When I think of heroes I think of every day people such as this family and their little boys. Heroes live quietly amongst us every day and their acts/deeds go unnoticed by most people. Wouldn't this be a great time of year to recognize the every day heroes in our own lives? Who is your hero?
g'night!
Saturday, December 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow, awesome, thanks for sharing
Post a Comment