Sunday, December 03, 2006

Made it ... through this weekend

Well, I thought for sure I'd go into labor this weekend. I've been feeling so crummy and "off" that I was secretly hoping Tristen would make his appearance early. I guess he's holding out for his due date. :) Thats fine, but I've already explained to him that if he goes past his due date he's cutting into our quality time together since I can only take 8 weeks off from work. As an added bonus, I've been battling a cold/sinus infection for about a week. It is pretty awful. I snore so loud I wake myself up! I'm glad Trevor can see the humor in my snoring.

Speaking of Trevor - we actually thought we were going to have an evening out visiting with friends last night and he was going to go into work this morning. I guess someone called in at the last minute and at about 9:35 he received the dreaded work call. At least it was dreaded for me. :) I enjoy our time together these days - and I hated that our evening had to be cut short. We were with our friends Chris and Jennifer and their little boy Grant. I was supposed to be babysitting Grant this past Friday night so Jennifer and Chris could go to Chris' Christmas Party for work, but as it turns out, Grant had an asthma attack and he landed in the ER. Saturday he was feeling some better and then managed to fall and crack his head on the table (or something solid like that)which left a huge bump/bruise on his forehead. Poor little dude - he was pretty sad looking by the time we got over there. And he never looks sad! So - Trevor and I got to experience FIRST HAND what it will be like to have a 1 year old. :) Thanks Jen and Chris for the nice evening - I'm sorry it was cut short.

In other news, I have a doctor's appt. scheduled for this Wed. While I'm terrified of going into labor at work, I am really praying that Tristen will arrive sooner rather than later. First of all, Trevor is excited to meet him - he needs a playmate. :) Secondly, I'm ready to face the pain and get this over with. The longer I have this "unknown" goal floating around out there, the more nervous I get. I hate surprises, but in this case I'd like labor to take me by surprise so I don't dwell on it. Trevor will agree with me on this one. So - if something happens this week I'll be sure to update the blog.

I'm off to get some beauty rest so I can be prepared for work tomorrow. Have a great week and welcome to December!!

H

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will be just fine. Tell Tristen we are all anxious to meet him.

Anonymous said...

Been thinking about you. Will pray that Tristen arrives sooner rather than later. Like the new look of the blog.