Well, I am officially 36 and one week old. I don't feel 36 - I'm pretty convinced I'm still about 30. That was a good age for me. Found my faith, out of my wild woman phase, settling down in Roanoke, dating Trevor - finally got rid of a ratty piece of luggage I'd been hauling around for over 6 years (name is John!!) and finding some peace.
So where am I at 36 and one week? Still finding my faith - didn't realize it would be a gradual and continual process, definitely out of my wild woman phase - kind of hard to be a party girl with a 6 lb. kid growing inside me, settled in an old farmhouse on 17 acres in Roanoke and married to the person God picked out just for me over 15 years ago (name is Trevor!!) I'm constantly amazed at the person I've become, I'm so different than the person I planned to be. A city living, jet setting, play going, party hopping, business suit wearing woman with a pda and lots of money. Does that person still appeal to me? Well, there is a part of me that would love to live in the city again - I miss Washington DC and going to NYC, but other than that I'm pretty darn content. I'm still a techno gadget person, but I love my Daytimer so the PDA is out. I tried it and didn't like it. Business suits suck - I hate them and the panty hose that go with them!! As for partying - I enjoy late night hours hanging out with Trev and doing the occassional scrapbook/card thing. I WOULD like a lot of money, but I have a feeling God keeps me in check in that category because I need to be a little more conservative. :)
So, I guess turning 36 wasn't a huge milestone, not as big as I thought it would be. Crossing over the 35 threshhold into the next phase wasn't too terribly traumatic. I received many nice gifts, lots of cards, and love from so many family members and friends. So, off I go onto this wild ride of the late 30's crowd, motherhood, and discovering who I am once again before I hit 37. :)
Today is my 36 week appt. with the doctor- ironic isn't it? HA! I'm wondering if I'll have to start going every week after this appt. Tristen is VERY active and making it difficult to sleep at night, so I've been a zombie at work and come home and sleep for a bit. Trevor and I are like strangers passing in the night - he's leaving or already gone for work when I get home and I'm asleep or leaving for work when he's getting home. It is a crazy schedule, but one I'm trying to be grateful for since it is helping us a great deal financially.
That's about it on this end of the computer. Hope everyone is doing well. I'll update with a Tristan Report after I have my appt. today.
H
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Almost there!!
You sure are aging gracefully, old woman!!
email me sometime
You will start going once a week now.
Post a Comment