
Just home from a day of cooking and eating with my family, and I just have to say how thankful I am. For the first time in many many years a huge chunk of our family joined us for Thanksgiving this year. My dad's sister and brother and their families were with us, in addition to several friends of my parents and of course my brother and his family and my sister and her family. The only sad part of my day was that Trevor wasn't able to participate in our Thanksgiving dinner. He did make it down to my parent's house to visit for a couple of hours, but he was called into work and had to leave early. He's a lucky guy though - I brought home 2 big plates of food for him.
Here are a few other things I'm thankful for this year:
Trevor - our relationship and the strength of our marriage
Our jobs
My family
My friends old and new
Our Health
My Relationship with the Lord
Tristen
My kitties and pups - love these fuzzy little guys (and gals)
Being able to spend time with my sister and her family for the holiday
I'll leave you with a few of my favorite pictures from this weekend:

1. My nephew (sister's son) in his new Engineer hat that Trevor bought him. LJ loves trains and enjoyed his new hat!

2. My niece and nephew (brother's daughter and son) snuggling together on the recliner. Look how sweet they are!!

3. My niece (sister's daughter)Sierra, just looking pretty. Check out those locks!

4. The siblings - Mark, Janet and Heather. Not the greatest picture, but I love that we were all there together to get this one. I need to get some older pics out and compare them. :)

5. My sister's son, LJ, just loved how this picture turned out. Check out this kid's eyes. He is one handsome fella!

6. I especially love this picture - it is of my dad, his brother Russell and their sister Lois. There hasn't been a picture taken of them together for years. I love that Thanksgiving brought all of us together this year. It reminds me of Thanksgivings from years gone by. So very special!! The only other sibling missing is their older brother, Uncle Bill, and he lives with his family in Florida. Maybe next year we can get them ALL together!!
So - even amongst the chaos and massive amounts of people and food, I am especially thankful for our Thanksgiving celebration. Good food, good times and lots of love and laughter in the air.
2 comments:
love the photos
That's so cool that everyone was able to get together like that! Must have been a houseful! I'm sorry Trevor had to leave early. : (
The pictures are awesome, the kids are getting so big! (Still haven't gotten my belly shot!)
Love ya!
Post a Comment