Tuesday, January 02, 2007

January 2, 2007 - 4 weeks old

Snapped these pictures this morning after a busy night with Tristen. I finally fed him and put him in bed with us this morning. I know that is a big no-no, but it seemed like the thing to do if I was going to be awake most of the time anyway. :)





Some updates on Tristen: He is smiling and making funny little noises now. I think he sounds like Taz (cartoon) with all the noises he makes. He gets really frustrated when we don't respond to his cries in a timely manner, hates getting his diaper and/or clothes changed; enjoys a good bath and is one gassy little guy. He always feels much better after a good feeding, a burp and a fart or two for good measure. :) He's a funny person - although I know this time is fleeting, I will be glad when I can understand him a little better. Even after 4 weeks I feel like I'm trying to communicate with someone who speaks a different language. My favorite time with him is when he falls asleep on my chest and he is completely relaxed. He makes the greatest faces. Aside from his funny faces and noises, he is growing longer and filling out. His little cheeks are so pudgy and his elbows are getting dimples. That is a relief to me because last week I was convinced I was starving the boy. Our first appt. with his pediatrician is next Tuesday - we'll see how much he's grown.

Today I'm determined to get a few things done. I've been in a bit of a slump over the past few days and I need to snap out of it. I miss having a schedule so I'm going to work on one today. I am such a structured person - or at least I try to be. I may not always follow my schedule, but it feels so much better to have one. Without a schedule I'm a mess - and I teeter on the edge of falling into little slumps of depression. I HATE that about myself - therefore, my New Year's resolution is to do something about it. A new year of calendar refills for my daytimer always helps, and a new pen of course.

This year I'm looking forward to attending a couple of conferences with my mom. Beth Moore in April and another women's conference in September. I'm excited about both of those. My ladies Bible Study starts back up this month and I'm going to do what I can to attend each Tuesday evening. We'll see how that goes. I love my Bible Study group - and the time I get to spend with my mom at the study.

Have a wonderful first week of 2007!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are the most precious pictures.
Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

wonderful photos!! need to frame those too!!Too sweet.

Anonymous said...

These are the best pictures Heather - you are going to have some beautiful layouts scrapped for sure!

Jennifer - South Point, OH said...

This too shall pass. And, like I said before, it passes way too quickly. Sorry New Year's was such a bummer. We tried! Before long you'll have the schedule of your dreams and then Tristen will be Grant's age and you'll be wishing he'd slow down for just a minute. You got a dose of his energy the other night, ha, ha! Tristen is gorgeous. I can't wait to sit for him. Eight working days and counting... can't... come... fast... enough. Happy New Years, Heather. To new friends!