Sunday, April 15, 2007

Sunday April 15th

Just updating the blog for the week. This was Tristen's last week with Jennifer before Baby Ben is born. I have to say I was a bit sad to pick him up on Friday and take his formula and other items home with me from Jennifer's house. I think this is going to be a big change over the next four weeks! While we're sad that Jennifer is out of commission for a bit, we're also very excited that in just a few short days we're finally going to meet Benjamin. He'll only be about 5 months younger than Tristen, so I think that they'll be good buddies... along with Grant, who is about 19 months older than Ben.

The good news is that my Aunt Syd is coming down from Northern VA to spend 3 weeks with us to watch Tristen. We're going to be completely spoiled by the time she leaves. I'm looking forward to seeing my aunt for such an extended period of time. I have always been close to her. She is like a second mom to me (nobody can replace my mommy though) and has always treated me like her own. Tristen will stay home with her during the week and hopefully she'll be able to visit with my mom, her sister, some while she's down here.

Trevor's dad has had two severe strokes and is back in the hospital in NC. We aren't sure of the details and haven't been able to make it down there since he had the strokes, but it doesn't look good. He underwent surgery yesterday and we're waiting to find out how that went. Monica and Brandon have been good about keeping us in the loop. One thing that has occured out of all this sickness is that Trevor has been back in touch with some of his family that he hasn't talked to in years. I think it has been good for them to all catch up on life. Many many things have changed over the years.

Today is a rainy and dreary day. Trevor has been working day shift all week and weekend long and is pretty beat. While he enjoys his job I think it really runs him down. Lots of walking involved. He is a trooper though, he just keeps on going -- even when it is nasty outside and he's exhausted. It gets discouraging at times to know we both work so hard but life just isn't cooperating. Loosing our jobs really took a long term toll on us. But God will get us through - we just have to have faith in Him and not let our emotions and doubts get in the way.

Well, I know you're hoping to see some photos of Sir Tristen, so here are a few I've taken over the past few weeks. I hope you enjoy them and I'll post again soon.


Tristen in his exersaucer enjoying his favorite toys -- his fingers!



Grandma Ann feeding Tristen when we went to their house a couple of weeks ago.

Have a great week and feel free to leave comments whenever you check in! We've enjoyed hearing from you and even getting some notes from some of Trevor's relatives in Illinois!

Love, Trevor, Heather and Tristen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will be praying for Trev's dad. We're due for a coffee night Heather.