Can you believe it? Our little guy celebrated his fourth month with us on April 5th. He had his 4 month check up yesterday and received another round of shots. Poor little dude. Here are the latest stats: 13.1 lbs./ 25 1/4 inches long, and ready to eat some solids! We were sad to learn that our pediatrician, Sara Gillis, is retiring, so in two months we'll be seeing a new pediatrician. We really like Sara because she is wonderful about spending time with us and explaining things, answering our questions and just enjoying being with Tristen. We'll see how this new person does.
Today was Tristen's first real adventure in his exersaucer. He did well for about 20 minutes and then he was ready to get out of it. I think he was just tired. Here's a picture of him when he WAS enjoying it ...
This morning I gave Tristen his first taste of rice cereal ... mixed with prune juice. He didn't like it so much, but his face was sure fun to watch. He'd wrinkle up his forehead, squish up his lips and push the stuff out of his mouth with his tongue. Then he'd smile at me. I'll try again tonight when Trevor is here so he can enjoy the experience.
Over the past few weeks (since our last update) we've had some really great weather. Tristen wore his first pair of overall shorts with a short sleeved shirt. He was loving life without 20 layers of clothing and blankets. He looked so grown up in those overalls ... what do you think?
Two weeks ago we went back down to NC to visit with Trevor's family and check on his mom. It was a really hot day and full of new faces, but Tristen was a real trooper. He made it through the day without too much fuss and was completely exhausted by the time we got home. He finally met Trevor's sister, Monica, and she was ready to take him home with her.
Trevor's mom is feeling better and things are back to normal down there. His dad is back home and Ann is enjoying some time off from work until the doctor releases her to go back. Until then, she's in cardio therapy and is supposed to be taking it easy.
Jennifer is just about a week away from being induced and we're busy making plans for back up sitters. I'm so happy because my aunt is going to come down and stay with us for 3 weeks and watch Tristen while we work. It is going to be so much easier that way. She'll stay with us during the week and spend some time with other family members on the weekends. On the days my mom is off from work I think they'll be able to spend some time together. Whatever it takes to keep him on a schedule! :) I feel so blessed that my aunt is willing to come down here to help out for so long.
Not much else is going on. Easter is tomorrow and we're going to my parent's house to celebrate by eating lots of food and hopefully finding a few Easter eggs. Tristen will be amongst his cousins and other family members, so I'm sure he'll get lots of attention. Jennifer, Chris and Grant are joining us this year as well - Tristen loves Grant and Jennifer! I'll be sure to post pictures of his first Easter. He went on a field trip recently and happened upon an Easter bunny in the mall. He convinced Jennifer to have his picture taken with the fella - I need to scan the picture so you can see how excited he was to meet someone so famous. :)
More to come. Until then, here's one last picture to enjoy.
Tristen the carnivore tearing into the arm of his teddy bear rattle.
Love,
Trev,Heather and Tristen
5 comments:
my gosh he is cute. i put overalls on ezra this week too. made him look so so big. :)
we're talking solid foods this month too. that should be fun. happy 4 months!
Oh my goodness! He's getting so big!! I love the picture of him in his excersaucer, he's so adorable. I don't blame Monica, I would want to take him home too! Thanks for the pictures, I was jonesing! : ) Can't wait to see the easter pix! Love ya!
Tristen is a busy little guy! Enjoy every second of all his "firsts" in the next few months. They're priceless! Best of luck with solids - how exciting!
From a distant relative in Illinois (related to Ann most closely)-- you obviously know much more aobut the computer than I do. I want to create a website as well and don't know where to begin. Perhaps you could give me some pointers. Jean Skoda Stables, mejean118@yahoo.com.
Distant computer-illiterate relative again. Great speller but lousy typist. Emma (sister of Brandon and Trevor) directed me to this. Am just now looking at pictures. Oh my goodness how everybody has gotten so old in the last 30 plus years. Wouldn't know any of them if I walked smack right into them on the street. Thanks to the wonders of the computer...Never saw anything like this coming. Thank goodness Em and I are still beautiful and haven't aged any.
Jean Skoda Stables, mejean118@yahoo.com
Post a Comment